Looking for advice on DVLA medical

Convicted Driver Insurance

Jude

Hi, I did a medichecks test and have received the results which I have checked with them, apparently it is accurate. It was 0.3 to which I was surprised, but wondered just how accurate are they? I have been through hell, like most people in this position. I wasn’t on the road when tested but at home, a couple of hours after a concerned member of the public said they thought I was driving strangely. Anyway I had enough when I got home to be classsed as an HRO, blew a level of 90. I didn’t loose my employment but moved job. The issue I have is that a year before the ban I went to my GP because of a messy divorce asking her to refer my to substance misuse as I thought I was relying too much on wine. I was seen once and discharged. I then had to move surgery because I moved house and I have not been to the doctors since. I have booked an appointment next week.
How much do I disclose?
Tipsy nurse has said that DVLA are more sensitive than Medichecks, but does any one know how much?
Like everyone on this site, I have been through enough and want to establish what I do next to ensure that I am back on the road on 16th June.
Can I also say I have watched other people’s experience on the site before having the courage to post, so any help would be welcome

Maybe, I should take my post down, as I don’t deserve help, I know over the last 4 years I have had serious issues. I was left with a 6 year old at 8am on Boxing Day!!

Last edited:
It's very possible your medical records from last Surgery will be passed across to new!
Substance misuse or dependency whichever they decide will require a period of 6 or 12 MTHS abstinence which must be backed up with own GP report!
You will be required to attend a DVLA medical center once this abstinence period has passed for further tests and a CDT test will show your range

How long a ban did you get, and was it reduced by doing a course?

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off