Licence revoked for 12 months for ‘dependancy’ advice needed to downgrade to 6 months for ‘misuse’

Convicted Driver Insurance

vhal67

Advice needed from anyone who is going through a similar experience. I have no history of dependancy and following my recent DVLA Medical, I was confident that I was within the acceptable limit of the CBT test. I can only assume that there is something on my medical records that the DVLA decided to classify me as dependant. In an ideal world I would like my licence back now,but it seems the only way forward is to get the decision downgraded to ‘misuse’ with controlled drinking, whereas the licence would be revoked for 6 months. Anyone gone through this process? I have asked both my GP and DVLA for full records so I can assess how they came to that decision.

Advice needed from anyone who is going through a similar experience. I have no history of dependancy and following my recent DVLA Medical, I was confident that I was within the acceptable limit of the CBT test. I can only assume that there is something on my medical records that the DVLA decided to classify me as dependant. In an ideal world I would like my licence back now,but it seems the only way forward is to get the decision downgraded to ‘misuse’ with controlled drinking, whereas the licence would be revoked for 6 months. Anyone gone through this process? I have asked both my GP and DVLA for full records so I can assess how they came to that decision.
I would suggest you make an appointment to see/ speak to GP to discuss matter with them, also to get them on board and understanding of your perspective. Good luck with it .

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off