Licence Return

Convicted Driver Insurance

maymadness

Just an update regarding DVLA.
Sent application D1 registered post 01/02/021 (didn't expect D27) due to staff with covid etc.
Received and signed for 02/02/21.
D27 arrived Friday 12/02/21 by the way.
Checked DVLA website on Monday 15/02/21 to find licence had been updated.
Received licence today all ready to start driving again 29/03/21

Sent application D1 registered post 01/02/021 (didn't expect D27) due to staff with covid etc.
My experience was similar. My D27 was sent off and then approx 11 days later my licence was back with me.

Hey, i been in court few days ago, havent been told to sent off my licence ( its eu ) , few days later I have received statements from court and it says i need to reapply for my licence, how is it possible if my licence is with me?

DVLA have sent you a letter asking you to sent your licence there and they will hold it until your licence is due back.
Because your licence is not a UK one, you do not have to apply for a new one, your old one just continues to be valid at the end of your ban.
You can send it to DVLA, but if you will be returning frequently to your home country there is nothing to stop you keeping it, and indeed using it, so long as you are not driving in England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, The Republic of Ireland or the Isle of Man.
All the above countries recognise each others’ disqualifications.

This is a different position to holders of a UK licence who, whilst not banned in countries not on the list above, do not have a licence to drive abroad. Your licence had not been cancelled, just your right to drive here.

DVLA have sent you a letter asking you to sent your licence there and they will hold it until your licence is due back.
Because your licence is not a UK one, you do not have to apply for a new one, your old one just continues to be valid at the end of your ban.
You can send it to DVLA, but if you will be returning frequently to your home country there is nothing to stop you keeping it, and indeed using it, so long as you are not driving in England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, The Republic of Ireland or the Isle of Man.

This is a different position to holders of a UK licence who, whilst not banned in countries not on the list above, do not have a licence to drive abroad. Your licence had not been cancelled, just your right to drive here.
Sorry to jump on this post but it seems relevant enough to save me starting a new thread. I’ve been asked to send my photo card back to the DVLA, however I can’t find it at the moment. Is this going to be a significant issue when it comes to returning my license - is it a different procedure? I can turn the house upsideown but if it’s not going to make a difference I’ll just tick ‘lost card’ and get the form back to them as I was asked over a week ago now. Thanks in advance 😊

It is not an offence to fail to return the card to DVLA.
You may as well return it if you find it because it is no longer valid and you do have to apply for another one at the end of the ban, but don’t stress if it cannot be located.

thanks for make it clear for me , I havent received any letter from dvla yet but even if im not going to sent it back due to come back to my country soon. A lot of people told me that drink driving ban applies in whole EU cause its serious offence but it's only in uk...please can you tell me how can I check length of the ban and when it ends? I have found the dvla website but you can only type details of your english licence, cant find for eu , thank you

The court would have told you when you were there how long your ban was.
If you cannot remember then I would suggest that you ring the court after the bank holiday weekend to check. You are right that it will not show up on the DVLA website.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off