Licence refused, how to prove no alcohol for a year?

Convicted Driver Insurance
How often should I get the lfts, is it possible to get them done every month. Also do I need to inform the dvla that I will be applying for my licence in February/March time.
Thanks again
with regards to your LFTs you should have one every 3 months, if your GP is reluctant at this (some do complain because it's coming from their budget) then you need to make an appointment to discuss that you need support in applying for your licence back because of dependance and that you need to supply medical evidence by the way of LFTs in order for you to obtain a licence,(most GPs are really helpful) no need to contact DVLA but when you have approached 9 months of your 12 months abstination then you need to reapply and DVLA will send out all neccessary paperwork, as you mentioned you have a last alcoholic drink date registered with your GP don't get the date mixed up on paperwork as this is when your new temp licence will begin from (also known as period/medical review licence at DVLA )....when DVLA write out to your GP after `9 months with DD2 you track this form through GPs secretary to the GP of your choice so that the form can be correctly filled in avoiding further delays, try to keep to the same GP ......

with regards to your LFTs you should have one every 3 months, if your GP is reluctant at this (some do complain because it's coming from their budget) then you need to make an appointment to discuss that you need support in applying for your licence back because of dependance and that you need to supply medical evidence by the way of LFTs in order for you to obtain a licence,(most GPs are really helpful) no need to contact DVLA but when you have approached 9 months of your 12 months abstination then you need to reapply and DVLA will send out all neccessary paperwork, as you mentioned you have a last alcoholic drink date registered with your GP don't get the date mixed up on paperwork as this is when your new temp licence will begin from (also known as period/medical review licence at DVLA )....when DVLA write out to your GP after `9 months with DD2 you track this form through GPs secretary to the GP of your choice so that the form can be correctly filled in avoiding further delays, try to keep to the same GP ......
Thanks
I have only got 1 cdt result which was 0.7 and I will only have 2 lfts by February. Do you think this will be enough? Also I will have any results from any medicals if the dvla send me.
Thanks for your help

Thanks
I have only got 1 cdt result which was 0.7 and I will only have 2 lfts by February. Do you think this will be enough? Also I will have any results from any medicals if the dvla send me.
Thanks for your help
Yes two LFTS will be enough along with your GPs support and input (remember it's the GP who puts you back on the road) DVLA will only use the last LFT when considering your licence the others are for back up, and the one CDT test you have will now count as part of your medical evidence going forward....

Very important now though is never tell DVLA or your GP if you intend on drinking again as being classed dependant by DVLA you can NEVER drink alcohol again, and when you do get a temp licence you will be asked for a DVLA medical each year for a total of six....admitting to a drink in the future no matter how small you will be revoked and the one year abstination and medical evidence will start again.....

Very important now though is never tell DVLA or your GP if you intend on drinking again as being classed dependant by DVLA you can NEVER drink alcohol again, and when you do get a temp licence you will be asked for a DVLA medical each year for a total of six....admitting to a drink in the future no matter how small you will be revoked and the one year abstination and medical evidence will start again.....
Thanks, I am going to keep in contact with the gp I spoke to last week.

Hi there new member here i got caught drink driving over 25 years ago and have just reapplied for my licence I got a letter today saying I am a High-Risk offender (Never been caught driving in 25 years).
I need to book my medical ,What i am wondering is what sort of questions do they ask? Iv only ever been to the Doctors for sick notes and if its just a blank sheet i leave at the medical im thinking that they will think im lyning,If you know what i mean.
Thanks

Hi there new member here i got caught drink driving over 25 years ago and have just reapplied for my licence I got a letter today saying I am a High-Risk offender (Never been caught driving in 25 years).
I need to book my medical ,What i am wondering is what sort of questions do they ask? Iv only ever been to the Doctors for sick notes and if its just a blank sheet i leave at the medical im thinking that they will think im lyning,If you know what i mean.
Thanks
These are the questions you can expect to be asked at your medical, together with a CDT test that reports on your alcohol consumption in the past few weeks.
You should aim to be drinking within the government guidelines which are currently up to 14 units per week, with a gap between drinking ‘episodes’.

I've had my exam, just asked me questions about drinking and no physical examination took 10 minutes.

Thanks
How can the DVLA class you as a HRO when your last offence was 25 years ago. was this your first drink driving offence (25 years ago) or have you had previous convictions before or after this.
I have a sneaking suspicion that once the DVLA class you as a HRO you remain on this black list forever.

How can the DVLA class you as a HRO when your last offence was 25 years ago. was this your first drink driving offence (25 years ago) or have you had previous convictions before or after this.
I have a sneaking suspicion that once the DVLA class you as a HRO you remain on this black list forever.
You are HRO because you fall in to that category. You do not fall out of it because time has gone by, you fall out of it because you pass a DVLA medical. For most people that is at the end of their ban, or shortly afterwards. For Compaq22 it is 25 years later, only because he hasn’t applied for 25 years!
for example, what if a person was convicted of dangerous driving and ordered to retake their test after a ban.... and they didn’t. 25 years later they couldn’t say “well that was 25 years ago, so now I don’t have to bother retaking my test!”

You are HRO because you fall in to that category. You do not fall out of it because time has gone by, you fall out of it because you pass a DVLA medical. For most people that is at the end of their ban, or shortly afterwards. For Compaq22 it is 25 years later, only because he hasn’t applied for 25 years!
for example, what if a person was convicted of dangerous driving and ordered to retake their test after a ban.... and they didn’t. 25 years later they couldn’t say “well that was 25 years ago, so now I don’t have to bother retaking my test!”
I think Rufus point is if I was a HRO i would have been caught Driving or Drink driving within 25 years and it was the 1st time drink driving and the only reason i had to have a medical was because the solicitor told me not to take a breath test thus i got a 18 month ban and told to take a Medical

You are HRO because of the definition of HRO, which includes failing to supply a sample.
You are not high risk because of constantly drinking...... or you might be... that is why they want you to do a medical to find out.
You haven’t been done again for drink driving in 25 years because I presume that you have not been driving to be caught.
I don’t mean that to sound like you are an alcoholic, or driving illegally, but you just have to accept that if you fail to provide a sample of breath (on solicitors advice or not) there is a requirement in law that before you can get your licence back you have to pass a medical. That is the same if it is a day after your ban ends, a year, or in your case 25 years.

As an aside, I dealt with solicitors a lot over drink drive procedures and the only time they would advise a client to not provide was if they felt that they were so pi@@ed that if they gave a sample the punishment that they got for that reading would be worse than the punishment for failing to provide ‘with mitigation’.

You are HRO because of the definition of HRO, which includes failing to supply a sample.
You are not high risk because of constantly drinking...... or you might be... that is why they want you to do a medical to find out.
You haven’t been done again for drink driving in 25 years because I presume that you have not been driving to be caught.
I don’t mean that to sound like you are an alcoholic, or driving illegally, but you just have to accept that if you fail to provide a sample of breath (on solicitors advice or not) there is a requirement in law that before you can get your licence back you have to pass a medical. That is the same if it is a day after your ban ends, a year, or in your case 25 years.

As an aside, I dealt with solicitors a lot over drink drive procedures and the only time they would advise a client to not provide was if they felt that they were so pi@@ed that if they gave a sample the punishment that they got for that reading would be worse than the punishment for failing to provide ‘with mitigation’.
If i told you what happened that night you would not believe me, Lets just say Policemen acted a lot different then

I gave my blood 2 weeks ago and they don’t even have the lab results it’s absolutely ridiculous, I’m starting to think they’ve bloody lost them????

Hi PinkElephant, I dont think I can help, but I am genuinely curious about the letter from dvla. Would it be possible to post a copy of the letter (minus any personal details of course) to see the exact wording. Also, from your phone-call, what tests are they asking for and how often?
Like I say, just curious, and if your'e too stressed atm to do this, that's fine.
I think there aint no situatuon where your ban is up you would have that instead of a D1, im thinking you maybe read the Gov. Uk dvla fitness to drive and, we all (speak the truth on ere) have knowledge ranging from how long our ban was for, but if, forgive me if im wrong, you have either had alcohol issues and had detoxs and ypur GP wants to do regular LFT tests, if after 12 months you aint used any drug to cross addict to, unless you were to fail a medical you'll have no sites like this to visit, BUT,,, thats my theory, it could be a new rule, but not that i seen on ere, good luck btw

I gave my blood 2 weeks ago and they don’t even have the lab results it’s absolutely ridiculous, I’m starting to think they’ve bloody lost them????
2 weeks, thats a "Nap",,,, id say post xmas by the time you get your decision and license 🙏, i had to cancel a medical in june, all my gp letters were done, he filled it in when i went for my asthma check, he said your fine, mind you i dont drink no more, pubs aint pubs and drinking at home is sad imo, it goes beyond casual, been there, T shirt etc,,, anyway, my appointment cane through, the day of my 47 mile drive with a pal who let me down with the lift caught me off guard,, the place was 40 minute drive, but it waa in a Rural area the DVLA drs,, Not 1 bus, not a train station, Taxi wanted 140 quid minus 30 minute waiting time if i went over my appointment, it was a week b4 monthlly pay day, i was fxxx, i dont use plastic, id got my m8s petrol money. I had to cancel,, i couldn't rebook, well i aint drove since 1999, i just never after 30 month ban renewed it, the HRO medical was chargeable then , why i was told it was free must be a reason. Last week, 14 monrhs have passed, i need to be licensed as a family member has passed away and left a 16 month old Alpha Romeo to me in his will, rip Uncle B,, so i rang and said can i book a meducal, then was told the letter, report off my GP has to be done all again, oh well, 22 years off road, whats a few more gonna matter, so friday i sent a D1 and a new photo, i sent one 14 months ago and it must be still on file as she said no need for someone to sign this,, but what i see in this HRO medical is BS,,, if a govt can not trust the word of your own gp, one who has a Duty of care to the public,,, if you got a drink issue, your either an alcoholic but dont crave it in a morning, or youve reached out and ya dr is point 1 to help, its dangerous to go abstinent if you drink every day or night to abruptly stop, so if youve detoxed, your already known to DVLA,,, chances are you got banned because of a coppers nark neighbour, spouse or worried parents,,, ive gone off the 2 week blood result comment, enjoy xmas, get drunk,,, if you know you've gone 15 months, and 8 weeks atm is a dropped stitch, the country is in chaos, im puzzled why you aint chaaed them up??

2 weeks, thats a "Nap",,,, id say post xmas by the time you get your decision and license 🙏, i had to cancel a medical in june, all my gp letters were done, he filled it in when i went for my asthma check, he said your fine, mind you i dont drink no more, pubs aint pubs and drinking at home is sad imo, it goes beyond casual, been there, T shirt etc,,, anyway, my appointment cane through, the day of my 47 mile drive with a pal who let me down with the lift caught me off guard,, the place was 40 minute drive, but it waa in a Rural area the DVLA drs,, Not 1 bus, not a train station, Taxi wanted 140 quid minus 30 minute waiting time if i went over my appointment, it was a week b4 monthlly pay day, i was fxxx, i dont use plastic, id got my m8s petrol money. I had to cancel,, i couldn't rebook, well i aint drove since 1999, i just never after 30 month ban renewed it, the HRO medical was chargeable then , why i was told it was free must be a reason. Last week, 14 monrhs have passed, i need to be licensed as a family member has passed away and left a 16 month old Alpha Romeo to me in his will, rip Uncle B,, so i rang and said can i book a meducal, then was told the letter, report off my GP has to be done all again, oh well, 22 years off road, whats a few more gonna matter, so friday i sent a D1 and a new photo, i sent one 14 months ago and it must be still on file as she said no need for someone to sign this,, but what i see in this HRO medical is BS,,, if a govt can not trust the word of your own gp, one who has a Duty of care to the public,,, if you got a drink issue, your either an alcoholic but dont crave it in a morning, or youve reached out and ya dr is point 1 to help, its dangerous to go abstinent if you drink every day or night to abruptly stop, so if youve detoxed, your already known to DVLA,,, chances are you got banned because of a coppers nark neighbour, spouse or worried parents,,, ive gone off the 2 week blood result comment, enjoy xmas, get drunk,,, if you know you've gone 15 months, and 8 weeks atm is a dropped stitch, the country is in chaos, im puzzled why you aint chaaed them up??
Correction. My pre booked June medical was 2018 so i missed the boat by 6 months, your reports must expire after 12 months,, sorry about that, im bad at not correcting before hitting print or save pdf

Correction. My pre booked June medical was 2018 so i missed the boat by 6 months, your reports must expire after 12 months,, sorry about that, im bad at not correcting before hitting print or save pdf
2019 duhhhhh, 12th june 2019 my appointment was i had to cancel, not 2018,,,, great site btw, one thing, this can get you worrying too much reading not so much the same, but after a bit i was logging on more than my missus on Tell strangers ya buisness, Sorry, Facebook, thats it 🙄,,, this system though cant go on, its barbaric, im 21 yrs wiser, and im still making mistakes, i made 1 in 99,,, no history of buying a round never mind a problem,, but that day to be 3 and half Xs over, if it wasnt that id got no record, good job, my son was on the way, we bought our 1st house, my breif said he'd seen people sent down for less, the worse part of anything taken away from us not by choice hurts, 3 months it took me to get used to being introduced to my legs, i have set a rule, when i do drive again, if i ever drive the 5 minute walk to my local shop, ill surrender my license

Weavand is right when he says that there are different % CDT figures with DVLA.
The official stance is that for HRO, 3% or above is a fail
2.3-2.9% is refer for further information
Under that is OK.
(Incidentally, when research assessments are being carried out on alcohol dependent people who claim be abstaining, they use the cut off point at 1.6% to indicate that they are back on the waggon to some extent.)

BUT of late they have changed the goalposts . For HRO they generally do write to your GP regardless of your CDT result.
If there is any history of alcohol misuse on your files, they want to see abstinence for 6 months if it is called misuse, or 12 months abstinence if it is called dependence or you have been in detox.
Then they want to see test results for LFT at regular intervals through your GP, and then DVLA get you to have a CDT test where they look for the result to be..... well I have seen it described as a maximum of 1%, or under 1% - which is why I tend to say 0/9%. Above that, or in Weavands case, an admission of drinking alcohol, means that you fail.
I can tell you from my own personal experience, that is not the case. The first time I did a CDT test my result was 0.9% and they turned my application down, I was honest and said I was moderating my drinking due to alcohol misuse for depression (over and above the required 6 months that they state is required).
It took a SAR , letters from my GP and 6 extra months before they changed their mind with no explanation and issued my license.

Good morning, I have had my license revoked for 13 months now it was originally supposed to be for 6 months but because of the Covid bullshit I am still waiting, even after presenting 3 x (DVLA required) blood tests, (1) which they said got destroyed in the post from the doctors, (2) which DVLA said they needed more information from the second doctor & (3) i am still waiting I am fuming I ring them every week but just get palmed off with "Its at the medical dept" you will have to wait, I have even written to my MP & that's done nothing, please someone help me...

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off