LICENCE ISSUED

Convicted Driver Insurance

Honestman

Established Member
Update guys I have checked the online driving licence website and I have been issued with a full drivers licence but is limited to one year, I have worked so hard over the last 11 months with the massive help of this forum guiding me in the right direction and would like to say a very big THANK YOU to all and a very merry xmas to everyone, although I can move forward with my life now like going back to work I have no intention of leaving the forum and wil continue to help others where I can......best xmas present ever....

Yessss! Absolutely amazing. Just before Christmas too! So happy for you! Kick back, relax and enjoy.

Now I'm just waiting for mine.. ?

Congrats Honestman, I am so happy for you!!!
Got mine in August and, my god, that 'lil plastic card never felt so precious!
It's also great to know that you will stay on the site too - so many leave once they get their license back, which is sad, as getting it back is the beginning of another journey and you have first-hand experience to share
Once again, nice one on getting through it! :D

yes fair play mate.when you get the chance mate can you plz let me know what it actually Tooke to get it back ,because ive had 2 medicals , they told me the other day I was revoked ,then in the next phone call they said im not and there sending more medical forms to me , any help would be really greatfull, thanks

Hi mate I had three medicals one they didn't use (lost paperwork) the other two all was good with 0.9/0.7 CDT reading I had to abstain for 12 months backed up wth 4 liver function tests(April,June.sept.oct) all were normal, the DVLA medicals one in June and one in October , in my case the DVLA sent three DD2s and two M2s to my GP for him to complete, they first revoked me on the M2 for being dependant way back at the beginning, from then on they did mess me around a lot not knowing little info, but to explain it easy "dependant= 12 months abstination , 4 LFTs over the year,2 DVLA medicals 0.9/0.7, medical questionarres showing support from GP,dependence or misuse controlled, antidepressants showing no problem wth driving, and to be honest lots and lots of nagging my chosen doctor so that the forms were filled out correctly, what I would add though is that if anyone is labelled misuse be very careful because they will look for abstination as well, crap I know but I felt with advice from DVLA if you continue to drink with controlled drinking they'll scrutinise you more through your GP, it's far less complicated to say that you don't drink anymore....having a nurse as a wife undoubtetely help me get it right first time round and the forum, I had lots of hidden advice especially of Craig 121...just knock the booze on the head for a while and you'll soon be on your way to a licence....

Update guys I have checked the online driving licence website and I have been issued with a full drivers licence but is limited to one year, I have worked so hard over the last 11 months with the massive help of this forum guiding me in the right direction and would like to say a very big THANK YOU to all and a very merry xmas to everyone, although I can move forward with my life now like going back to work I have no intention of leaving the forum and wil continue to help others where I can......best xmas present ever....

Excellent stuff; it’s a pleasure having read your posts as to your progress and to see another driver back on the road - take care this Christmas and good luck for the future!

That’s great news, very happy for you ??

Hi Hman,
Well done. Ive calculated my revoked licence period ends 28/02/20,when should I apply for reinstatement ? I intend doing a private CDT test first. I also think I should check all previous communication between DVLA and my Doctor

Regards Aron10

Hi mate yes you should apply now, phone DVLA and ask them to send a D1 application in the post or download it and send it back ASAP , getting a private CDT is definitely preparing and a trip to the doctors sounds well prepared, don't forget your LFTs and if you are dependant don't forget your last drink date documented with your GP , all these crucial factors will play a major part in reinstating your licence......

HiM8
thanks for your quick reply,ive just ordered Medichecks test. I was 2.4 Amber when they revoked license. Not HRO and no convictions . They pegged me as Abuse not dependant. Whats "LFTs"

Ok, so you will need 2/3 LFTs (liver function test) with your GP to prove that your liver function is normal and that you have controlled drinking documented with him for 6 months this is what DVLA require " medical evidence"(14 units per wk over 7 days) make an appointment with your GP for the test these are free, explain to your GP that you are applying for your licence and that you need support by the way of liver function test to prove that you have controlled drinking as you have been misusing alcohol, you will more than likely need two one anytime now and one before your medical, if any of these are abnormal they will refuse you until they are, if you look online you can have a private LFT FOR around £39 and if it is abnormal then this won't be documented with your GP ....I was the same no driving convictions not HRO .....my liver function was slightly raised at 170 and took 3 months to return to normal with complete abstination, normal high end liver function is between 50/70 I was 62 when they re issued my licence ....

Ok, so you will need 2/3 LFTs (liver function test) with your GP to prove that your liver function is normal and that you have controlled drinking documented with him for 6 months this is what DVLA require " medical evidence"(14 units per wk over 7 days) make an appointment with your GP for the test these are free, explain to your GP that you are applying for your licence and that you need support by the way of liver function test to prove that you have controlled drinking as you have been misusing alcohol, you will more than likely need two one anytime now and one before your medical, if any of these are abnormal they will refuse you until they are, if you look online you can have a private LFT FOR around £39 and if it is abnormal then this won't be documented with your GP ....I was the same no driving convictions not HRO .....my liver function was slightly raised at 170 and took 3 months to return to normal with complete abstination, normal high end liver function is between 50/70 I was 62 when they re issued my licence ....
Hi..m8 thanks again, I had my annual medical assessment 08/10/19 & liver function normal, tho I don't have the actual figures, I suppose I could use this

Yes excellent news any liver function test documented with your GP will count as your medical evidenence (y)......

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off