Length of Time Licence Held

Convicted Driver Insurance

Luna2000

Established Member
Hi

I am due to (hopefully,) get my licence back in October this year.

When insuring a car, you are asked how long you have held your licence.

Is this the date when you first passed your driving test (1982 in my case,) or the date you have your licence returned to you?

Just curious

Thanks

Hi

I am due to (hopefully,) get my licence back in October this year.

When insuring a car, you are asked how long you have held your licence.

Is this the date when you first passed your driving test (1982 in my case,) or the date you have your licence returned to you?

Just curious

Thanks
since when you passed your test

I don’t know where to ask this question, but my disqualification ends below.. obviously I know I need to apply for a new license etc, but on what date can I legally drive again, is it the 14th October or 15th? I’m really confused 😐 on the previous page of my license it says I am disqualified ‘until 14th October’ but below it says end date.. I know it’s only a day difference, but it’s really wracking my brain 😬

Dates​

• Start date: 15 Sep 2020
  • End date: 14 Oct 2021
  • Conviction date: 15 Sep 2020
  • Removal date: 15 Sep 2031

I don’t know where to ask this question, but my disqualification ends below.. obviously I know I need to apply for a new license etc, but on what date can I legally drive again, is it the 14th October or 15th? I’m really confused 😐 on the previous page of my license it says I am disqualified ‘until 14th October’ but below it says end date.. I know it’s only a day difference, but it’s really wracking my brain 😬

Dates​

• Start date: 15 Sep 2020
  • End date: 14 Oct 2021
  • Conviction date: 15 Sep 2020
  • Removal date: 15 Sep 2031
Hi xDeepRemorsex

It doesn't really matter in a way what it says on the DVLA website as you cannot start driving again until you have been given your licence back officially by them, even although your driving ban ends on 14th October. You do not require a physical copy in your hand but you need to be told by the DVLA that a licence has been issued to you.

My ban (2nd) ends on the 11th October. I am HRO so will require a medical but cannot apply for my licence renewal until 13th July.

Looks like you were given a 13 month ban on the 15th September, so your ban is officially up on the 14th October.

Hope this helps.

Hi Lunna2000

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly. Ok, so can it take longer than the 56 days for them to action it, if I send the form/fee back to them on time? I’m not a HRO, just managed to scrape under the bracket.

Hi Lunna2000

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly. Ok, so can it take longer than the 56 days for them to action it, if I send the form/fee back to them on time? I’m not a HRO, just managed to scrape under the bracket.
Yes, it can be longer at the minute, especially given that they are continuing with industrial action.

Regardless of how long it take, you can't drive and won't be able to get insurance until they have officially given you your licence back.

Good luck.

Good advice given by people. If everything IS on time, your ban ends on 14th October so you can drive from 15th October, one minute past midnight in to that day…….

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off