just wondering about gamma gt levels

Convicted Driver Insurance

mitch96

hi,
just wondering what the dvla requires your gamma levels to be at??
ive read quite a few posts and still none the wiser??
had a pre med yesterday(14th of may)and my gamma was 97!!
i had a pre op med in november and my gamma was 86
im not an alcoholic but like a good bevvy once in a blue moon to blow out the cobwebs!!
any info would be greatfuly appreciated
im male 44 and 14st and more or less ate fatty foods for breakfast for years
my dvla medical is on the 23rd of may

hi,
just wondering what the dvla requires your gamma levels to be at??
ive read quite a few posts and still none the wiser??
had a pre med yesterday(14th of may)and my gamma was 97!!
i had a pre op med in november and my gamma was 86
im not an alcoholic but like a good bevvy once in a blue moon to blow out the cobwebs!!
any info would be greatfuly appreciated
im male 44 and 14st and more or less ate fatty foods for breakfast for years
my dvla medical is on the 23rd of may

Hi Mitch96

The DVLA no longer do the LFT test where they test for gamma, alt, mcv and ast, they now do a test called a CDT blood test its a little bit different it detects short term drinking patterns where as the LFT tests detects long term drinking patterns. It basically detects people who drink 5 or more alcoholic drinks per day for a 2-4 week period (Heavy Drinkers) and people that cant abstain from alcohol (alcohol dependant). Any drinking patterns before the 4 weeks cant be detected, i would advise stopping drinking 4 weeks before your medical or cutting down. In your case your be fine, good luck and let me know how you get on.....:cool:

Hi Mitch96

The DVLA no longer do the LFT test where they test for gamma, alt, mcv and ast, they now do a test called a CDT blood test its a little bit different it detects short term drinking patterns where as the LFT tests detects long term drinking patterns. It basically detects people who drink 5 or more alcoholic drinks per day for a 2-4 week period (Heavy Drinkers) and people that cant abstain from alcohol (alcohol dependant). Any drinking patterns before the 4 weeks cant be detected, i would advise stopping drinking 4 weeks before your medical or cutting down. In your case your be fine, good luck and let me know how you get on.....:cool:

Hi benjyman

i have a medical coming soon. I have a poor history in terms of drinking and have been known to binge drink to extremes. I stopped drinking for about 18 months previosly but recently have been drinking quite heavily again. I have stopped now and when my medical comes i will have been abstinent for 25 days. do you think this will be enough to satisfy the requirments of the cdt test? i understand it can take 2-4weeks for cdt levels to normalilse. your thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off