It's not a legal requirement to be registered with a GP to hold a UK DL!

Convicted Driver Insurance

CDT1.4

It's not a legal requirement to be registered with a GP to hold a UK DL. It's not a legal requirement to be registered with a GP period. The secretary of state can send any driver to a GP of his choice to conduct a medical. Three legal facts for you all.

Nice in theory, but the DVLA will tell you that you have to have a registered GP they can contact and a history with them. They will not consider an application without one. I left my GP after they maliciously reported me to the DVLA behind my back and got my license revoked. Took me 6 months to find a new GP and a further 6 months to build up evidence of what was true in the first place: I'm not a big drinker. They will wreck you life without evidence and demand you provide them evidence to get your life back again.

Nice in theory, but the DVLA will tell you that you have to have a registered GP they can contact and a history with them. They will not consider an application without one. I left my GP after they maliciously reported me to the DVLA behind my back and got my license revoked. Took me 6 months to find a new GP and a further 6 months to build up evidence of what was true in the first place: I'm not a big drinker. They will wreck you life without evidence and demand you provide them evidence to get your life back again.
It's no theory! https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1988/52/section/94 This legislation states that the secretary of state can send any driver to a GP of his choice to attend a medical. This is the legislation DVLA must follow, they have quoted it! but the DVLA will tell you that you have to have a registered GP they can contact and a history with them. They have to abide by legislation, legislation/the Government states you don't have to, so please tell me who has the most power the Govt or DVLA? I left my GP after they maliciously reported me to the DVLA behind my back and got my license revoked. GP's cannot be trusted, this is why I don't have one.

While 1988 covers a lot, they have since been granted powers to basically make up their own rules. For instance with https://www.gov.uk/government/news/...fessionals-to-complete-medical-questionnaires they basically told the government to change the law for them and it was done by statuary order rather than a vote. In other areas, like the recent expansion of disabilities and conditions that can get your licence yeeted, they don't even need to go through parliament, it's a statutory authority of theirs they can just decide on behind closed doors - a literal bureaucratic state with no oversight.

NB for anyone paying attention, look at the dishonest language they use in the above link:
DVLA Chief Executive Julie Lennard said:
Every year we are receiving an increasing number of medical licensing applications from drivers.
This law change, which widens the pool of healthcare professionals who can complete DVLA questionnaires, improves the process for those notifying DVLA of medical conditions whilst reducing the administrative burden on doctors, benefitting drivers and the NHS alike.
They are obviously only receiving an "increasing number of applications" because they are revoking an increasing number of licences AND because they changed the rules in the first place to revoke more.

This is all just a massive power grab by the administrative state.

While 1988 covers a lot, they have since been granted powers to basically make up their own rules. For instance with https://www.gov.uk/government/news/...fessionals-to-complete-medical-questionnaires they basically told the government to change the law for them and it was done by statuary order rather than a vote. In other areas, like the recent expansion of disabilities and conditions that can get your licence yeeted, they don't even need to go through parliament, it's a statutory authority of theirs they can just decide on behind closed doors - a literal bureaucratic state with no oversight.

NB for anyone paying attention, look at the dishonest language they use in the above link:

They are obviously only receiving an "increasing number of applications" because they are revoking an increasing number of licences AND because they changed the rules in the first place to revoke more.

This is all just a massive power grab by the administrative state.
Looked at the link, all I can say is welcome to 1984...There is absolutely no mention of DVLA paying healthcare professionals to fill in the questionnaires in that link. Are you aware that DVLA pay the GP's to fill in the questionnaire? The GP's don't invoice them, they get paid! This is a contract, it's not impartial, GP's and DR's I'm sure swear an oath to act in the best interests of their patients and remain impartial. Getting paid to fill in questionnaires is not impartial. Withholding blood test results is against the law too, that's what DVLA did and only revealed them when they refused my application.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off