Insuring car after ban has ended but license has not been issued

Convicted Driver Insurance

C501

Hello all,

My driving disqualification has now ended and I am currently in the process of having my license issued to me again. I'm now just waiting on the results of my medical.
I bought a car back in September, ready for when I received my new license but did not anticipate how long this would take and the MOT on the car is now due to expire this month.
I'd like to get the MOT done so that I can start driving as soon as I receive my license.
I would like to get the car insured with my partner as a named driver so that she can drive it to the garage and back.

My question is, will I be able to insure the car without currently having a valid driving license.

Thanks

Hello all,

My driving disqualification has now ended and I am currently in the process of having my license issued to me again. I'm now just waiting on the results of my medical.
I bought a car back in September, ready for when I received my new license but did not anticipate how long this would take and the MOT on the car is now due to expire this month.
I'd like to get the MOT done so that I can start driving as soon as I receive my license.
I would like to get the car insured with my partner as a named driver so that she can drive it to the garage and back.

My question is, will I be able to insure the car without currently having a valid driving license.

Thanks

You can't insure a car without a valid licence. You would need go insure it with your partner as the main driver.

Agree with Grice96, and some insurers want the main driver to be the keeper of the vehicle so check carefully.
The other option is to ask the garage to collect the vehicle for the MOT and bring it back, but of course there will be a cost to this.

Hello C501,

One option that we potentially would have is to take out a policy in your name with your partner as a named driver but exclude you from driving until you have your licence back then change it over so you are the main user.

There are other factors that we would need to discuss but if I can be of any further assistance feel free to get in touch.

Hello C501,

One option that we potentially would have is to take out a policy in your name with your partner as a named driver but exclude you from driving until you have your licence back then change it over so you are the main user.

There are other factors that we would need to discuss but if I can be of any further assistance feel free to get in touch.
Thanks for the reply.
That sounds like it could be a good option if possible. I will give A Plan a call when I can.

Hello C501,

This shows the benefit of contacting a broker rather than just looking at the comparison websites.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off