Insurance

Convicted Driver Insurance

Alimarie

Hi,
I’m yet to complete my medical and get my license but it’s all in process.
I failed to provide and lost my no claims bonus and I’ve done a bit of shopping around but I know I can’t do this properly until December but the cheapest quote third party fire & theft is 2.2k ? I have a Peugeot 207cc 2008 year. Whats other people’s experience in their insurance? Is failing to provide looked at worse? Can anyone recommend any places to try? Feeling utterly stressed out from the biggest mistake I’ve ever made in my lifetime!!!

Hi,
I’m yet to complete my medical and get my license but it’s all in process.
I failed to provide and lost my no claims bonus and I’ve done a bit of shopping around but I know I can’t do this properly until December but the cheapest quote third party fire & theft is 2.2k ? I have a Peugeot 207cc 2008 year. Whats other people’s experience in their insurance? Is failing to provide looked at worse? Can anyone recommend any places to try? Feeling utterly stressed out from the biggest mistake I’ve ever made in my lifetime!!!

Hi Alimarie,

When I was shopping around for insurance last year, the cheapest quote I got with a DR10 was in the region of £800 for a 1200cc; this was fully comprehensive, and the closest quote I could find for third party was roughly £1100.

It may be that the quotes for that particular car are simply in that ballpark, and depending on how attached you are to the car, I would recommend thinking about getting something smaller with more affordable insurance. It also happens that fully comprehensive generally works out cheaper than third party quotes, for reasons I don’t know (maybe someone can enlighten me here), so give that a go and see how you get on.

MM

Hi Alimarie,

When I was shopping around for insurance last year, the cheapest quote I got with a DR10 was in the region of £800 for a 1200cc; this was fully comprehensive, and the closest quote I could find for third party was roughly £1100.

It may be that the quotes for that particular car are simply in that ballpark, and depending on how attached you are to the car, I would recommend thinking about getting something smaller with more affordable insurance. It also happens that fully comprehensive generally works out cheaper than third party quotes, for reasons I don’t know (maybe someone can enlighten me here), so give that a go and see how you get on.

MM
Thanks for your reply again, just put in one of the cheapest cars and that’s coming back at 2.6k fully comp. fully comp on mine is 2.5k looks like I’m never getting back on the road.

Hi Alimarie
My first year back after a 19.5 month ban (that was the reduced one after the course) was £1350 for third party only, using Adrian Flux. I had an unspent criminal convection too at the time, which didn't help matters.. Car was a Peugeot 406 coupe which is very high insurance anyway. Did you you actually lose your NCB? - It's valid for two years not being insured, so you may still have it, depending on your ban.
Good luck!

Hi Alimarie
My first year back after a 19.5 month ban (that was the reduced one after the course) was £1350 for third party only, using Adrian Flux. I had an unspent criminal convection too at the time, which didn't help matters.. Car was a Peugeot 406 coupe which is very high insurance anyway. Did you you actually lose your NCB? - It's valid for two years not being insured, so you may still have it, depending on your ban.
Good luck!
I did lose everything, thanks I’ve heard of them. Just managed to find one for £972 so that’s much better x

I have been back on the road since Aug. I went on confused.com and got ins cover for £580, that's with my conviction. That's on a 2004 jazz, with very estimated annual mileage (got a new job so much nearer home due to loosing license), fully comp and 3 other people added as named drivers who have long clean driving history.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off