Insurance renenwal

Convicted Driver Insurance

Kenzie123

My insurance is up for renewal this month, I'm banned till end of feb2023 ,do I them now , cancel insurance , change insurance to third party? Put a named driver on so car still stays on road and gets used ???? Any info please x

JamesH2122

Assuming you didn't tell your insurance company when you were convicted, I would only advise to be very careful or you will risk being blacklisted from getting insured in the future.

SoStupid

My insurance is due to renew in August - I’m banned until April 2023. I just went into my settings in the insurance and opted out of automatic renewal. I haven’t contacted them about it, although I can see online that they still have my claim as being ‘open’. I haven’t heard from them since I informed them of my drink drive charge and that I had hit 3 vehicles.

Polly3

My insurance is up for renewal this month, I'm banned till end of feb2023 ,do I them now , cancel insurance , change insurance to third party? Put a named driver on so car still stays on road and gets used ???? Any info please x
I do seem to recall that in all insurance policies I’ve ever had there is a clause that states you should inform them of relevant events / changes that occur within the insurance period. Getting charged with an offence would fall within that I think . You definitely can’t renew it without disclosing this and as you are banned I’m sure they won’t insure you at least until the ban expires . Good luck sorting it .

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off