insurance-do i have to declare?

Convicted Driver Insurance

kitkat

hi-ive just received my licence back from receiving a dr30 on 11/0411-i received a years ban and no points.i had 6 points from 05/10/10,and a £525 pound fine from a 1n10..... do i have to reveal these to the insurance company pls? thank you

p.s...i also forgot to ask why the d.v.l.a have just sent me a licence for a year? with no explanation letter. buzzing to get my licence back after 3 years,but now its just sunk in its only for a year!

The DVLA may have only given you a temporary licence if they have any medical concerns regarding your fitness to drive, it means that they can monitor it in 12 months when you renew your licence with them.

The normal period for disclosure is 5 years, however I would be careful when answering any questions from the insurance company. Even after the 5 years have passed they may try to get around it by asking if you have been disqualified within the last 5 years. If you fail to disclose that you have been then they will likely try to void your policy, and you are then looking at a protracted argument with them about whether you were covered or not.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off