Insurance Claim

Convicted Driver Insurance

ElFatboy

Hi,
Same as most caught DD waiting for court to be convicted.

What I want to know is will my insurance cover my recovery fees or is it down to me?

They know I'm not convicted yet and have put my claim on hold. Where do I stand on this?
Thanks

Most insurance policies will exclude cover if there is evidence of drink or drugs being involved in any incident. Many policies may rely on the presence of a positive roadside test to exclude the policy. This ultimately depends on the policy wording. This is moving away from the criminal implications that I am qualified to comment on and can only really provide information based on anecdotal experience of how insurers look to exclude cover.

I think I get what you mean.
Basically they can leave the vehicle in recovery compound and I'll be liable for all charges even though I'm not convicted yet?
Would I be able to claim for my possessions in car?
Thanks.
Oh well lesson learned.

In relation to your more specific query regarding the vehicle incurring recovery fees, If your vehicle is still in the compound I would suggest that you seek to retrieve that vehicle sooner rather than later. Fees incur on a daily basis. You should contact the compound directly regarding the release of your vehicle and possessions.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off