Insurance after dd ban

Convicted Driver Insurance

lauralings

Hi, my ban is up on the 24/10/18, I’ve been looking into insurance the past few days and my cheapest quote has been £2,400 annually, I’ve been through the company’s that Ttc recommended and they are higher, does anyone have any advice or can suggest any companies I can look at please.

The companies that we list on our booklet have been scaled right back, I don’t know why as I do not deal with insurance matters now. Can I suggest that you try Henshalls ( https://henshalls.com/. ) they used to be on our list and I found them to be very helpful.

Your best bet may be to speak to a "real person" insurance broker, often they happen to have the right number in their black book.

Although, to be honest, £2,500ish seems to be the going rate. Unfortunately statistically you are now a high risk driver.

Thankyou for your replies, it looks like I’m better off just going with that insurance for a while until I can prove I am a safe driver again.

Have you tried Henshalls? You do speak to a real person there.

Your best bet may be to speak to a "real person" insurance broker, often they happen to have the right number in their black book.

Although, to be honest, £2,500ish seems to be the going rate. Unfortunately statistically you are now a high risk driver.
I am at the beginning of my ban. So wil het licence back next Dec. Is £2500 an average cost for annual insurance?? Wow. I am going to have to start saving up. I knew it would be more as the DD is a risk factor but didn’t realise it would be so much. Anyone else got any cost comparisons? Thanks

I am at the beginning of my ban. So wil het licence back next Dec. Is £2500 an average cost for annual insurance?? Wow. I am going to have to start saving up. I knew it would be more as the DD is a risk factor but didn’t realise it would be so much. Anyone else got any cost comparisons? Thanks
Get a dummy quote with a fake name and nearby address and you will get a more accurate idea. However in general DDs suffer both because of the risk, and also because a relatively small number of firms target DDs so there is less pressure on prices

Try compare the market - you can put your DR code in - brightside were by far the cheapest

still waiting for results of medical and my licence returned so only a quote so far but it was about £350 fully comp so not that much more but I have gone and got a 1.2 petrol with a lot lower insurance group

Where is this coming from? I’ve seen so many posts on here from people who have said their premiums were hardly affected at all? Doesn’t matter to me for the next 17 months... but I wasn’t expecting to be paying more than double at worst?

Where is this coming from? I’ve seen so many posts on here from people who have said their premiums were hardly affected at all? Doesn’t matter to me for the next 17 months... but I wasn’t expecting to be paying more than double at worst?
Get a dummy quote as suggested. Then you will know for sure.

The TTC Recommended company quoted me 1200 pnds on a 1400L puegot 208 he even stated that was good but could only be gaurenteed for 1 hour# ok I smelled a sales pitch put the phone down!
Someone here recommended 1st Central and with my DD declared plus an SP 30 was quoted 230pnds fully comp am very very pleased with the company and how they operated #

The TTC Recommended company quoted me 1200 pnds on a 1400L puegot 208 he even stated that was good but could only be gaurenteed for 1 hour# ok I smelled a sales pitch put the phone down!
Someone here recommended 1st Central and with my DD declared plus an SP 30 was quoted 230pnds fully comp am very very pleased with the company and how they operated #

Craig,
Would you PM me the details of the insurance quote and I will take it up further.
Having said that, £230 from First Central is remarkable!

Craig are you 100% sure the quote from 1st central was £230? On their website they state that they offer policies from £230. I would check your policy documents carefully. If they view you as the lowest risk driver than make sure you also buy a lottery ticket.

Craig are you 100% sure the quote from 1st central was £230? On their website they state that they offer policies from £230. I would check your policy documents carefully. If they view you as the lowest risk driver than make sure you also buy a lottery ticket.

Just checked sorry after my quote I got my Missus to join them also as she was due latter that month, she dropped from 314 pnds to the 230 I quoted you by mistake, but my email says my policy is 270.55 that was paying a full payment upfront I will search the full policy latter as I can only find the confirmation quote at the MO! But I declared everything even told them the car was parked on public road normally I um have a driveway )

@ Price sorry not any details found I just phoned the number on the leaflet and was being honest expected about 1000pnds but when he said the offer was for 1 hour I knew the Pitch
Away to post full policy soon once found

Well you have got a great deal. If the policy documents check out don't question it. The law now is that if they have offered the policy and you have answered all the questions they can't cancel it.

Just checked sorry after my quote I got my Missus to join them also as she was due latter that month, she dropped from 314 pnds to the 230 I quoted you by mistake, but my email says my policy is 270.55 that was paying a full payment upfront I will search the full policy latter as I can only find the confirmation quote at the MO! But I declared everything even told them the car was parked on public road normally I um have a driveway )

@ Price sorry not any details found I just phoned the number on the leaflet and was being honest expected about 1000pnds but when he said the offer was for 1 hour I knew the Pitch
Away to post full policy soon once found
Oh I wish I could upload pictures on here, I’ve just screen shot my quote from 1st central and the price is £9,119,24 annually ? that’s on my little old Punto with a DR10 code ?

1st Central were the lowest by far for me - got £800 ish with 2 DR10s on a 1.2 - I went directly through their website though after having tried other big name insurers which gave around £1200

PS my quote was with 10 years no claims, no points and with my wife as a named driver

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off