Insurance after conviction

Convicted Driver Insurance

dantan

Hi All
Question ref insurance after court date.
My policy has myself (the idiot who will be banned) and my wife as a named driver on.
I'm assuming this policy will be void after sentence and will have to be cancelled and a new one for my wife set up in her name only ?
Thanks in advance

Hi Dantan Yes the policy will be void as you are the holder , once your wife's taken out insurance & your ban ends it will be cheaper for you in the long run to be a named driver on her insurance for 5 years anyway

If you are the main driver of the car then you need to tell that to the insurance company. Otherwise it is fronting and hardly very difficult for the insurance to spot if they want to. Remember insurers spent £200m a year on fraud prevention, and high risk driver as a named driver on a car they were previously main driver on is a bit obvious.

As for your current policy you could try calling the company, it may be cheaper just to remove you from the policy rather than cancel it, pay an admin charge, and have to take out a new policy. It would also might be possible to preserve your NCB if your ban is over two years.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off