Injured ex partner

Convicted Driver Insurance

Harryb27

Hi people wanna share you my story and was wondering to get any help back September me and my ex girlfriend left a pub and we both talked about getting a taxi, anyway in the moment it happened I looked at my vehicle and thought I was able to do it I reversed and hit a car and the stupid idiot I am drove off I mounted a curb and hit a wall and my girlfriend was severely injured I have lost a lot such as my girlfriend which was another heartbreak my job cause I was in construction I needed to drive a lot of money which isn't everything but its a waste and my licence now before anyone says i deserve it and I'm selfish you are right but people have already said this to me I've had my punishment such as 22month ban done my community service and the stuff that I have lost as well plus as she is claiming compo which I don't blame her I have to pay the insurance company back as I breached it. The only thing that upsets me the most is that I've lost my girlfriend and I think about what I done everyday and still have nightmares I just want someone to tell me its gonna be okay cause I genuinely feel suicidal everyday.

Hello Harry and welcome to the forum, the old saying goes time heals all wounds and this is surely the case with yourself. As time goes by it will get easier, you've done the crime and the punishment and now all you have left to do is to serve out your ban. Only Admiral, Bell, Diamond, Elephant or Tesco will recover the cost of the claim from you. If you are with another insurer they will swallow the cost as Allianz did with my claim from my case.

I felt the same way you did when I was banned. I'm a car enthusiast, I love driving and my own bad decisions made me lose that privilege. As the months of my ban wore on the suicidal feelings went away with the help of some councelling which I would look into asap if you're feeling this low. Things can only go up from here pal.

You cannot change what has happened.
The only thing you can do is learn lessons from your mistakes. Think hard and honestly about your drinking and how this affected your decision making. If you feel that alcohol has been a priority in your life then do something about ensuring that you eliminate it.
There IS life beyond a drink driving conviction, once you have moved on from the shame and blame.

Its bad to say there's some good that come out of this but it has made me grow up a lot before the accident I was to confident and thought I was already man now I feel like I ain't it defiantly changes plus knowing I could of potentially killed not only my girlfriend but some poor person just walking on the street I know my problems ain't worth as much as that but still sticks in your memory and I lost my girlfriend which does hurt aswell I was with her everyday. One last thing I'm guessing you can just sort a payment plan with admiral?

Admiral will accept a payment plan, but before you sign anything you should seek legal advice.

I did seek legal advice and they said it would only get worse if you don't cause there will be more court costs etc. But could there be a payment plan let's say 50 a month or something

They would prefer a payment plan rather than the hassle of trying to take you to court, but they have 6 years to do this. Companies do wait 3-4 years before suing someone on the basis that they may be skint in the first place but after that length of time they are back on their feet.
if you do not want the worry of if this is going to happen then agree a plan. They will ask you for details of your finances to see if you are bring honest about your ability to pay.

Okay so I'm starting a job soon which is good news if I just show proof that I'm working I could agree to something like 50 a month?

It depends on your earnings... and outgoings. If you are still living with your parents they are likely to want a lot more than that. Also it depends on the amount of the payout. If her injuries are bad, it could be £50-100,000 so £600 per year would mean you were retiring before you paid it off!

I have no savings what so ever like fully broke surely I could even do something like a hundred a month?

As I said, they will ask you to complete a financial situation form, so it will depend on what your new job pays. then after a couple of years they will review it and see if you can afford more.
If you have a big mortgage and little left over after living expenses, they they will not be able to recover much a month. on the other hand, if you live at home with parents and the home £1000 a month then £100 a month is way too low.

My new job will be atleast 300 a week I'll be lodging with my mate paying 400 pound a month that would be the plan anyway any idea?

Wait to see what Admiral say, and what the amount they want is. If there is a personal injury assessment to be done, it could be a year or more before they have a figure for the amount of the claim.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off