info on return of license whilst abroad

Convicted Driver Insurance

SCOOKE

I am currently on a 2nd year working holiday visa in Australia. I was banned from driving for 3 years in January 06 and am in the category below:
One disqualification for driving, or being in charge of a vehicle, when the level of alcohol in the body equaled or exceeded:
(i) 87.5 microgrammes per 100 milliliters of breath.
I understand that this would require me to undertake a medical examination before my license is returned to me. I am basically enquiring how i would be able to get my license back whilst in Australia. I haven't commited any offences previous to this or since in the UK or whilst in Australia. I will be in Australia until at least Oct 29 2010 (hopefully longer) and my driving license would greatly assist me. The Australian Government know about this offence and also when I am due to get my license back.
Thanks
Shaun Cooke

The DVLA's high risk offender scheme requires you to sit a medical examination with one of their approved medical practitioners before your will be issued with a new driving licence. The DVLA issue a list of approved practitioners. You will need to check with the DVLA as to whether there is any way of sitting the medical in Australia.

I sent an email to the DVLA and they just told me to send the form off and it should be ok to get it back. Never mentioned anything about having to sit the medical over here but gonna check to make sure before i just send it off. They even offered to post me the form to my address in Australia???????

Not sure why they didnt tell you the same thing. I'll let you know the outcome.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off