In Court Tomorrow (Opted For Court Instead Of Post) Speeding & Driving In Accordance

Convicted Driver Insurance

d4funky1

In Court Tomorrow (Opted For Court Instead Of Post) Speeding & Driving In Accordance

Hi,

I am in court tomorrow (I opted for this rather than post so I could state my mitigating circumstances in person) for the following charges:

Speeding - 46 in a 40

Driving In Accordance Of Licence - Provisional licence holder with no L plates or full licence holder in car.

Before we being I know that this was absolutely stupid and have already dealt with plenty of humble pie, I just need to get some final points ironed out before the hearing.

I expect to receive 3 points plus £100 fine for the speeding part

I expect to receive between 3-6 points and a fine for the licence part but need clarification on this.

The offences happened on the 14th Feb 2014 and I passed my test on the 14th April 2014. The hearing being tomorrow I assume that obtaining 6 or more points will not activate the new drivers scheme?

Also can anyone advise what the worst case scenario will be hear. This is my first and only offence EVER.

The 46mph was clocked at the end of the 40mph zone and entering the National Speed Limit zone.

I was only doing a short journey (around 2 miles) where at the other end my partner was getting into the car (full licence holder for 10 years, 33 years of age), no excuse I know (humble pie).

We have a disabled daughter (wheelchair bound) who attends many hospital appointments throughout the year and my partner is the main carer who looks after her on these journeys (I drive, full provisional, no points, no motorways etc etc)

I need to know what the chances of a ban may be as this would heavily impact on innocent parties.

If anyone could offer clarity it would be appreciated.

Many Thanks
D4

Re: In Court Tomorrow (Opted For Court Instead Of Post) Speeding & Driving In Accorda

I'm afraid that you can still have your driving licence revoked under the new driver provisions if you accumulate 6 or more points within the first 2 years. You can however argue that as both offences were committed at the same time you should only be sentenced in respect of the most serious and no separate penalty points imposed for the speeding offence. Your personal mitigation is also relevant to keeping the points as low as possible and I would advise trying to speak to the duty solicitor at Court.

Re: In Court Tomorrow (Opted For Court Instead Of Post) Speeding & Driving In Accorda

I got 3 points and a £75 fine

Very very lucky considering

Thanks for your help.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off