In court on Tuesday for early return of license

Convicted Driver Insurance

LadySarahM

Hi all
Has anyone got any idea on what I need to say I write to the magistrate I have my hearing on Tuesday and I am asking for early return!
I have no solicitor as basically got screwed Last time! I went to court so representing myself. I have completed my 300 hours cs and also no incidents, no drinking etc and actually have carried on volunteering since completing cs at the charity! I am so nervous I have only been once before and I am scared! Can anyone she any light!
thanks
Sarah
By the way ban 28 months, 300 cs hours and 2 year suspended as I didn’t provide a specimen. Apart from this I fully cooperated I got zero fine the judge said she didn’t believe I would learn my lesson hence the sentence, I have a very good job and I was advised they wanted to make an example of me.

in addition to this question does anyone know how this affects American visa/ESTA applications

You have to have served at least half of your ban, but the minimum time before you can apply is after 2 years have elapsed. Are you at that point?
If so,you will have to show how YOU have changed since the offence, and what getting your licence back early will do for OTHERS. You cannot just say “It is really hard without a licence”…. Is is supposed to be, as you are being punished.

You can be expected to be questioned about why you cannot continue to use public transport and, as I said, what benefit will there be for others if you get your licence back early. Will it help other people with employment? Will it enable you to perform some service for others that cannot be done at the moment? Who is doing that service at the moment and why can they not continue to do that?

As to the ESTA form, unless you have multiple convictions or had an accident where there was serious damage to someone else’s property or injury to other persons when done for drink driving then you can answer ‘no’ to the question about convictions.

You will still have to go through the DVLA medical process if you are granted your licence back next week, so do not expect to be driving any time soon, that can take months in itself!

You have to have served at least half of your ban, but the minimum time before you can apply is after 2 years have elapsed. Are you at that point?
If so,you will have to show how YOU have changed since the offence, and what getting your licence back early will do for OTHERS. You cannot just say “It is really hard without a licence”…. Is is supposed to be, as you are being punished.

You can be expected to be questioned about why you cannot continue to use public transport and, as I said, what benefit will there be for others if you get your licence back early. Will it help other people with employment? Will it enable you to perform some service for others that cannot be done at the moment? Who is doing that service at the moment and why can they not continue to do that?

As to the ESTA form, unless you have multiple convictions or had an accident where there was serious damage to someone else’s property or injury to other persons when done for drink driving then you can answer ‘no’ to the question about convictions.

You will still have to go through the DVLA medical process if you are granted your licence back next week, so do not expect to be driving any time soon, that can take months in itself!
Thank you so much I’m just wondering will I be back in the box?

They may ask you to go in the box, or give evidence from where you are stood, but either way they will ask you to take the oath before you give evidence, so you could be prosecuted if you give false evidence. You may be questioned by the CPS representative and the Magistrates.

Good luck Sara I will be doing the same next year hopefully dvla will have sorted them selves out by then

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off