In charge under the influence of drugs

Convicted Driver Insurance

pachman

Hello hope you're well.

I was recently arrested for being In charge of a motor propelled vehicle under the influence of drugs.
  • First ever offense.
  • No points on license.
  • Arresting officer said that I did not appear under the influence of drugs.
  • Brief timeline:
  1. I arrived at the car park,
  2. Turned off the engine and rolled down the windows,
  3. Smoked a cannabis cigarette,
  4. I then gathered my belongings and started preparing another cannabis cigarette to smoke on the walk to my friend's house who lives nearby, where I had planned to spend the night. Police showed up shortly after.
  • I use the car to help my mother with her business. I’m responsible for driving heavy goods from the wholesalers to her cafe. If I cannot drive anymore it would negatively effect my mothers ability to do business.

Timeline of arrest:
  • ~8:15pm: Arrived at the car park, placed the car in a parked position, turned the engine off and then rolled down the windows.
  • ~8:20pm: Smoked a cannabis cigarette in the car.
  • ~8:50pm: Started preparing to leave on foot. I gathered my belongings in the car and began rolling cannabis cigarettes to consume after I left the vehicle on foot. After leaving the vehicle I was going to walk to my friends house to spend the night as previously planned [Image 1]. I had clothing and other items on me required for spending the night at my friend's house. (socks, toothbrush, deodorant, skin cream) [Image 2] These items were mentioned in the police report when I handed in my belongings.
  • My friend's house is a 19 minute walk from where I was parked. I park at the John Innes car park because the parking is free all day and I wouldn’t have to stress about moving the vehicle any time soon. [Image 3]
  • ~9:00pm: Police appear at this point, they say they can smell cannabis and proceed to search me. They find the cannabis so then proceed to swab test me. The swab returns a positive result.
  • ~9:20pm: I was placed under arrest by the police, and taken to the police station to provide a blood sample.
  • ~2:30am: I leave the police station released under investigation. I now await the results of the blood sample.

Supporting Images:
1653423421454.png
Image [1]
: Image shows plans I had made to go to my friends house
My friend asked if I wanted to meet him (still), as I was supposed to be at his house by this time.
You can see the 2 messages and the 3 missed calls I received while I was in the police station. (23:32; 00:08; 00:15; 00:46)

wgGStdDTQWUm1JG8xGNXpE4hfTGN1gmdDLoZ2BaVzyEPxSWYcpI45_qL1HxckQUyfLk8hiNvuvtM5eSOjZOfvXOLReFmuldOQrMEFz-15tqeyiJhhku7vSvsf67RbZJ-khA_F4uJlmJTczIHew

Image [2]: Image shows items I had on my person in preparation of spending the night at my friends house

0ehiU3DcEw2OCYEyub-MGpYPbFdKtEO8WgDAL2n9yrBL792atHeB3DZan-Ep1WnqCOMIo6yY5nQXC91OthuPjxfS2AJWDmC5QrWnq2q4en0E0CIHK1fKaU5Cqld3xOX_CkHjo_Aym7GWT-sYYQ

p_crCs-Mg2-XvkZaAtj_SsaFXRenuJqpnE8XguYeSNX8lR7CE28OGXjQLEZYQGjh_r-3QpU5Z0XXMbz19CgeZAhApmppKpTOSQUj0YPUNI3fIuaCkyED_GD1fhjqSqVZD-LwXIFFvIGOn3g9JA

Images [3]: Images shows the 19 minute walking distance from the free parking to my friends house

I hope that helps to paint a clear picture of what happened to me.

What is your advice moving forward?

Should I plead guilty and avoid a drawn out battle in court?
Should I plead not-guilty and try to have the charges dropped?

In your professional opinion, given the above information, what are my chances of reducing my punishment on a not-guilty plea?
What is the likelihood of receiving a bigger punishment if I fail my not guilty-plea?

Many thanks and I truly appreciate your time.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off