Important information about your drinking license

Convicted Driver Insurance

chrism2800

Established Member
I've just recieved a letter from dvla stating that I satify the medical standards for safe driving,and my licence will be issued as soon as possible
My CDT was 0.8

I've not even been for a medical yet!!

What's going on???

The CDT part sounds wrong, you definitely need a blood test for them to ascertain this...??? They may have made a mistake about this part, maybe they have reissued your licence though. Have you logged onto the online service to see about your licence? https://www.gov.uk/view-driving-licence You need licence number, NI number and postcode. If this says licence is issued, then it is! If not, call them...

Just noted your typo
Important information about your drinking license
made me laugh!!! If only we were all worried about getting our drinking licence back :);):D

Last edited:
I've just recieved a letter from dvla stating that I satify the medical standards for safe driving,and my licence will be issued as soon as possible
My CDT was 0.8

I've not even been for a medical yet!!

What's going on???
Dont argue...just accept it.......if you hadnt been for a medical...how do you know your cdt was 0.8...strange

I rang them as I'm still waiting for my gp surgery to reply to their further information letter, before even being offered a medical, they know nothing about this letter,although the M Reference number was correct !!
It's like they are teasing me now!!

I rang them as I'm still waiting for my gp surgery to reply to their further information letter, before even being offered a medical, they know nothing about this letter,although the M Reference number was correct !!
It's like they are teasing me now!!

This doesnt really add up though, how can they give you a CDT result without giving you a medical.... I thought the CDT test was part of the medical? and what is an M reference number? Confused lol !

I think DVLA have mixed up someone else’s result with your M number.... so some other poor bugger is awaiting a result he / she may not get for ages!.
Kate78, The M number Is the driver reference number that DVLA allocate to the medical process to allow bookings to me made and the result tracked.

the driver reference number that DVLA allocate to the medical process to allow bookings to me made and the result tracked.

that makes sense, thanks. Still in early stages of applying here so havent received any notification of medical yet (though they were quick to pocket the cheque I sent!) :)

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off