Illegal drug driving

Convicted Driver Insurance

Milton

I understand the law has set limits for driving under the influence of various illegal drugs.
I find this somewhat strange because a person should not take illegal drugs at all, never mind drive a vehicle under
the influence of such substances.
I am of the impression that the law thinks it's ok to take illegal drugs and drive as long as the driver is under the legal limit.
Surely this is madness and the drug driving limit for any illegal substance should be zero.

The limit for cannabis is set so low that it is practically zero. Also what if someone (legally) smokes cannabis on holiday in California and then a week later traces show up in a urine sample when driving here? No law breaking, no impairment but a positive test for illegal (here) drugs.
Some prescription drugs contain opiates and if the limit was set too low then they could trigger a very small reading resulting in a ban.
I agree that there should be zero tolerance for drug drivers, but practically that cannot mean a fraction above zero readings for a prosecution.

The limit for cannabis is set so low that it is practically zero. Also what if someone (legally) smokes cannabis on holiday in California and then a week later traces show up in a urine sample when driving here? No law breaking, no impairment but a positive test for illegal (here) drugs.
Some prescription drugs contain opiates and if the limit was set too low then they could trigger a very small reading resulting in a ban.
I agree that there should be zero tolerance for drug drivers, but practically that cannot mean a fraction above zero readings for a prosecution.
Regards opiates in the UK , urine screen pots will give a false positive , period ! If you injected a Bag of Smack or simply took one Oxycodone it would be positive for opiods. This is my point to people in the UK , I'm trying to find out if they tell you your result at the medical because they test for Cannabis , Cocaine , Heroin , Bupremorphine, and Amphetamine , and Benzodiazepines. I know some of these test pots can give false positives , I'd prefer a mouth swab .

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off