I need some advice please

Convicted Driver Insurance

Zack

Hi Sean.

I have a driving ban that I incurred about 15 years ago (can't quite remember the details but it was drink related). Recently, I applied for a subject access request under s.7 Data Protection Act and the Metropolitan Police sent me back a Police National Computer - Person Record. This contained an old conviction I had in 1987 for criminal damage (some youthful vandalism - £100 fine) but that was it, no mention at all of the driving ban.

Is this the same information that is given out on a standard CRB check? What's happened to the driving ban?

These are my only two instances of trouble, I have never been in any other kind of trouble.

Thanks for your help.

Zack.

There are basic and enhanced CRB checks. Whilst both of your convictions are spent under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act, it seems odd that the criminal damage is listed yet the drink driving isn't. The request for information that you have made ought to reveal the same information as a standard CRB check and I cannot explain this anomoly. I can only suggest that you take this up with the criminal records bureau.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off