I need help

Convicted Driver Insurance

bu4i77

I crashed my car on motorway.Ambulance arrived and i was taken to hospital.After all procedures the police came to me and took blood specimen for alchohol.I recieve one of this specimens and bail form that later after six weeks i must go to police station and answer for charge of drink drive.today i send my specimen to private chemistry and i hope the result come to friday.I had o couple of drinks before accident but i still dont know if i am over limit and how much over.I called the police station but they gave me information only from where i can take my car.See i am from another country but i have uk license and i need advice about my case.In the acident nobody else was involved only me.Thanks in advance.

The legal drink drive limit for alcohol in blood is 80mg. If you are convicted of driving with excess alcohol then the offence carries a mandatory disqualification from driving for a minimum of 12 months. However, the courts use guidelines in which the disqualification period increases as the alcohol reading increases.

The Police must follow the correct procedures when taking blood samples and also in relation to the storage and transportation of samples. These processes are more complicated when a blood sample is taken from a hospital patient. A failure to observe correct procedures can sometimes lead to a blood sample being excluded from evidence. If you are charged then when you arrive at court for the first time you will be provided with the prosecution evidence which will include statements from police officers and other documentation that will prove whether or not the procedures were followed properly.

Please contact me direct if you want advice about the evidence in your case

Hello.I have my readings now.It is 178mg in 100ml blood.Also it is possible difference plus minus 12mg.So i am more than two times over limit.You mentioned that there are specific procedures when the police take blood specimen from hospital patient.So after this car crash i was in big shock and plus i am bulgarian and dont speak perfect english.I hope that there is opportunity to take minimum driving ban or avoid it because i am working as lorry driver and i will loose my job.Definetely i need help.

Last edited:
Could I invite you to contact us directly in order to discuss this further. Our telephone number can be obtained from clicking on the link below.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off