I have charged as a drink driver and still did not say anything to my insurance, do they pay for damage I have done?

Convicted Driver Insurance
Don’t forget that by cancelling your policy you have lost a years no claims when you come to renew, they only do full years and you did not complete one this time. Could cost you a lot more than the £35 refund that you got!
That means that your no claims only goes up to February 2018. How long are you banned for? It may well be that now you have lost the second years no claims and you will have none to carry forward when you next get insurance. No claims is normally only valid for a 2 year gap, after which it lapses.

These two bits from your last post need clarifying, did you try to claim for your damage?
“And what I did was just call my insurance with asking them tonreplai my car.”
My insurance left only 1 month to end which if I had it would be until February 17.
“So, I have asked them to cancel and did. It say anything which I don’t think was necessary for them to know!”

Last edited:
No I did not claim anything, there was no point for it because I would be in trouble.
The reason I cancelled was to not get myself in trouble.
I know I have lost my NCB and I have already paid them for whole year if was staying until end my policy I would get another NCB but another hand if they were finding out then what could happened?
I hope it’s all clear now price?

No I did not claim anything, there was no point for it because I would be in trouble.
The reason I cancelled was to not get myself in trouble.
I know I have lost my NCB and I have already paid them for whole year if was staying until end my policy I would get another NCB but another hand if they were finding out then what could happened?

Hi, I just wanted to add something here, that although it wasnt a traffic bollard i ran into, it was still a roundabout, which when the policeman who gave a lift home the next day after i was released from custody, drove me round to have a look at where Id ended up, there was damage to the roundabout and it never even occurred to me to raise the issue of who should pay for damage as I had enough to think about..(!).. but also, the police never mentioned it in court, the council certainly never got in touch with me to get me to pay for any damage... so im thinking if the council doesnt raise it with you, then why should you have to contact them to pay for it?

Ok, this was the bit that confused me”
““And what I did was just call my insurance with asking them tonreplai my car.”
That indicated to me that you were making a claim for your car to be repaired (or replaced.?)
How long a ban did you get?

Ok, this was the bit that confused me”
““And what I did was just call my insurance with asking them tonreplai my car.”
That indicated to me that you were making a claim for your car to be repaired (or replaced.?)
How long a ban did you get?

I got very lucky and fair ban I think.
This is because I did not have any previous conviction.
18 months ban and offered me course if finish it will reduce my ban.
Also I had fine which is not a lot, and I’m paying in monthly basis.
Once again I did not make any claim, I just cancelled insurance.
I am gonna get rid of my car by scraping it it best option, to repair it it will cost me more.

I reckon you're fine. Council were never going to claim for a bollard. Maybe a 500k statue or something, but a traffic island bollard.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off