I have been charged to court for drunk driving

Convicted Driver Insurance

Bayo

Hello everyone, first experience and I’ve been charged for drink drinking. I blew 47 on the breathe test machine.. any idea how I can get a fair judgment or what do I do in this situation. Many thanks

Hi,

A driving disqualification of 12 - 16 Month.

12 Month, minimum.
25% off if you request the Drink Driving course. If pleading guilty, request for it on the same day!.
(Must be requested at your "Guilty Plea" appearance at court on the day at the court!).

Good luck.

Kind regards,

Stu

Last edited:
Hello everyone, first experience and I’ve been charged for drink drinking. I blew 47 on the breathe test machine.. any idea how I can get a fair judgment or what do I do in this situation. Many thanks
As long as there are no aggravating factors (eg, you didn't crash), Court should be a very straightforward affair. The Magistrates deal with cases such as yours on a daily basis and it's pretty much a flow-chart system. Your reading is fairly low, so be expecting a 12 month ban and a fine of a few hundred quid. Don't want to sound flippant, as we all know drink driving isn't a good situation to end up in, but I bet your case is dealt with in about 15mins. (As long as you plead guilty and apologise in all the right places!)

Hi,

A driving disqualification of 12 - 16 Month.

12 Month, minimum.
25% off if you request the Drink Driving course. If pleading guilty, request for it on the same day!.
(Must be requested at your "Guilty Plea" appearance at court on the day at the court!).

Good luck.

Kind regards,

Stu
Thanks very much.. by the way is there a chance that i get the case withdrawn if I get a solicitor considering that I blew 47 ?

As long as there are no aggravating factors (eg, you didn't crash), Court should be a very straightforward affair. The Magistrates deal with cases such as yours on a daily basis and it's pretty much a flow-chart system. Your reading is fairly low, so be expecting a 12 month ban and a fine of a few hundred quid. Don't want to sound flippant, as we all know drink driving isn't a good situation to end up in, but I bet your case is dealt with in about 15mins. (As long as you plead guilty and apologise in all the right places!)

there is no realistic chance of not being banned so put that out of your head .. Stu & Norts are spot on with their assessment and advice.

Good luck!

Legal limit is 35, and I think a lot of police forces don’t prosecute under 40. So I’m sorry but it’s likely that they will indeed prosecute.

Legal limit is 35, and I think a lot of police forces don’t prosecute under 40. So I’m sorry but it’s likely that they will indeed prosecute.
Please do I really need a solicitor for my hearing ? Since I’ve decided to plead guilty

Please do I really need a solicitor for my hearing ? Since I’ve decided to plead guilty
No you don't. Just make sure you ask politely if you can attend a Dru=ink DRiver Awareness course as this MUST be awarded at court and cannot be done retrospectively.

No you don't. Just make sure you ask politely if you can attend a Dru=ink DRiver Awareness course as this MUST be awarded at court and cannot be done retrospectively.
Mine was different, not sure if it's a Scotland/England thing. I was remanded to court so was in a bit of a daze when I appeared. I never asked for the course and I don't remember the Duty Solicitor doing so either. I got a letter not long after my court date, asking if I wanted to do the course. I was still a bit of a mess, so never replied to it. After a few months I wanted to do the course, but thought I'd missed my opportunity. While I was considering ringing up the course provider and doing a bit of begging, I got a letter from them saying 'this is your last your last chance to book a date on the course', so I squeezed myself onto one as soon as I could.

Mine was different, not sure if it's a Scotland/England thing. I was remanded to court so was in a bit of a daze when I appeared. I never asked for the course and I don't remember the Duty Solicitor doing so either. I got a letter not long after my court date, asking if I wanted to do the course. I was still a bit of a mess, so never replied to it. After a few months I wanted to do the course, but thought I'd missed my opportunity. While I was considering ringing up the course provider and doing a bit of begging, I got a letter from them saying 'this is your last your last chance to book a date on the course', so I squeezed myself onto one as soon as I could.
How long was you banned for?

How long was you banned for?
I had a big problem with alcohol, so got charged in 2016 and 2019. Banned for 18 months the first time, and 3yrs the second. Did the course both times. First time I got my licence back no problem. This time however, I'm an HRO. After my 25% reduction, my ban ended on 12th February this year. I've sent all my forms off but still not got a date for my medical yet.

I had a big problem with alcohol, so got charged in 2016 and 2019. Banned for 18 months the first time, and 3yrs the second. Did the course both times. First time I got my licence back no problem. This time however, I'm an HRO. After my 25% reduction, my ban ended on 12th February this year. I've sent all my forms off but still not got a date for my medical yet.
Bless you mate..

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off