I have 12 points pending, but I have been caught drug driving TWICE last 3 months. What will my outcome be ?

Convicted Driver Insurance

Memphis32

Hi guys,

I have a little situation and I need some clarity and guidance as it’s really leaving me sleepless at night.

I have been pending with an initial driving ban in the coming weeks as I have totalled 12 points on my licence over the last 4 years and it is pending until they take my licence but

I’ve been caught drug driving in December( still have not received the results yet) pretty sure I will fail the drug test and test positive.

I have also been caught drug driving last week in February again and i am pretty sure I will fail that blood test and test positive too

before I have never had no trouble with the police or any other altercations.

what outcomes am I looking at ?

thank you

It will be some time before you end up in court for the drug driving offence.
In the meantime, if you get to 12 points, then you will be due a 'totting up' ban of 6 months when you reach that point in court.

Sometimes it can be worth claiming 'exceptional hardship' to be allowed to continue to drive. This leaves the worry in your mind that another set of points could trigger the totting up again. I would normally say this is not worth trying, because of the impending bans for drug driving but you have to look at when the points were accumulated. Unless they are very recent, they are going to drop off your licence while you are banned for drug driving. (You are likely to get a ban of at least 2 years, quite possibly 3 years for the 2 drug driving offences) so the exceptional hardship plea (if you have a case) will allow you to continue to drive until you lose your licence eventually.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off