I dont understand...cdt results show 0.6% yet..

Convicted Driver Insurance
Look DVLA should only be looking as far as 3 years into your medical history. That's what they ask you during the medical so why are they taking the piss. It might be because you was extremely intoxicated when caught in charge, you should have had the breath test

Look DVLA should only be looking as far as 3 years into your medical history. That's what they ask you during the medical so why are they taking the piss. It might be because you was extremely intoxicated when caught in charge, you should have had the breath test

They asked me for 6 years not 3 years at the medical.

Also the questionnaire that is given to the GP if the DVLA enquire with them does not have time frames for dependence/misuse. It just asks if you have been diagnosed with either and whether they are controlled. If you have not been seen for it in a few years some GP's will answer yes to controlled, other GP's will answer no if there was never a resolution to that diagnosis. That's quite open ended. It does however have time frames for detox, withdrawal, hospital admissions and medical intervention.

They asked me for 6 years not 3 years at the medical.

Also the questionnaire that is given to the GP if the DVLA enquire with them does not have time frames for dependence/misuse. It just asks if you have been diagnosed with either and whether they are controlled. If you have not been seen for it in a few years some GP's will answer yes to controlled, other GP's will answer no if there was never a resolution to that diagnosis. That's quite open ended. It does however have time frames for detox, withdrawal, hospital admissions and medical intervention.
That's strange, I had my blood test October 2019 and a urine test Feb 2021 and both times they asked 3 years (process taking forever so served an extra 18 months already). Best to go and see the doctor ASAP and get him to send letter to DVLA and tell them there's no issues. Get a copy of the letter for yourself just in case. Strange they ASKED for 6 years. I remember going to the doctors after my mom died and told him I've started drinking more. When asked if it was a problem, replied nah I can stop when I want

That's strange, I had my blood test October 2019 and a urine test Feb 2021 and both times they asked 3 years (process taking forever so served an extra 18 months already). Best to go and see the doctor ASAP and get him to send letter to DVLA and tell them there's no issues. Get a copy of the letter for yourself just in case. Strange they ASKED for 6 years. I remember going to the doctors after my mom died and told him I've started drinking more. When asked if it was a problem, replied nah I can stop when I want
They ask you on the form about the last 3 years, but when they write to your GP, their form asks about the last 6 years.......

if you want to find out exactly what the gp has wrote about you, write or email the dvla and your medical practice and ask for a subject access request for the info provided by your gp.
If you have ever mentioned a drink problem then your gp and the dvla take your word for it, unfortunately they wont take your word for it that you dont have a problem anymore, they want evidence. one rule for them , another for us.

Ps I also had a cdt of 0.9 and they refused my licence due to mentioning alcohol problems as this went on my medical record.

if you want to find out exactly what the gp has wrote about you, write or email the dvla and your medical practice and ask for a subject access request for the info provided by your gp.
If you have ever mentioned a drink problem then your gp and the dvla take your word for it, unfortunately they wont take your word for it that you dont have a problem anymore, they want evidence. one rule for them , another for us.

Ps I also had a cdt of 0.9 and they refused my licence due to mentioning alcohol problems as this went on my medical record.
i have alcohol dependency on my record but i also have the fact i stopped drinking on march 9th 2020 on my record i am flipping hoping they dont stop mine any longer

I had something similar and had not been to my GP in over 5 years and after my first medical they wrote to the GP and a doctor i had not even met could only reply what my passed medical history was. This time i have gone down the LFT and liver scan with GP support but its taken 2 more years due to thus corvid

I had something similar and had not been to my GP in over 5 years and after my first medical they wrote to the GP and a doctor i had not even met could only reply what my passed medical history was. This time i have gone down the LFT and liver scan with GP support but its taken 2 more years due to thus corvid
so you got declined? have you been without a licence for that long?

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off