I am disqualified here in uk

Convicted Driver Insurance

joe pasha

Well Known Member
Hi there,

Can I drive while I am in Australia?

Also I went to rehabilitation course passed and got my certificate. But I can’t see any Reduction in DVLA when I am viewing my licence?

Should I contact dvla?

Thanks

You cannot drive in Australia because you need to be the holder of a UK licence to drive as a visitor, as because you are banned you obviously do not hold a UK licence.
It can take a while for the DVLA database to be updated, there are posts on here saying it can take a month or more. When did you complete a course?

You cannot drive in Australia because you need to be the holder of a UK licence to drive as a visitor, as because you are banned you obviously do not hold a UK licence.
It can take a while for the DVLA database to be updated, there are posts on here saying it can take a month or more. When did you complete a course?
Thanks ?

Thanks

I think I would check that because my understanding was that you are barred from.driving in the UK and Ireland but that was UK law. How do they check in Australia? I may be wrong but I believe one can drive in Europe. S

You can't drive in another country without a valid licence in your own country. Unless you hold a licence in the country you're visiting in, ie if you have a Spanish licence you could drive on that while in Spain. But if you don't hold a licence you can't drive abroad.

I think I would check that because my understanding was that you are barred from.driving in the UK and Ireland but that was UK law. How do they check in Australia? I may be wrong but I believe one can drive in Europe. S
You are perhaps getting confused about the reverse situation. If you hold an Australian licence but you get convicted of DD in the UK, they can only ban you from driving in the UK. They create a "ghost licence" for you to apply the ban, because they don't have the power to endorse your Australian licence. It is only the ghost licence that is banned. You can still drive in Australia with appropriate insurance.

If you have a UK licence then they apply the ban to your licence directly, not a ghost licence. You don't have a second licence to fall back on.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off