HRO - Proving abstinence

Convicted Driver Insurance

rufus

Established Member
I know people on here say its "common knowledge" on here that LFTs can be used as evidence of abstinence but can anybody put up a link that categorically states that LFTS are acceptable proof of abstinence by the DVLA. The only thing I can find is the DVLA require you to be abstinent for 12 month and be able to prove it but not how you would do this or what they would accept as evidence.

My GP has rightly said that LFT doesnt provide proof of abstinence it only shows your livers function, the only test that does prove this is the CDT test which GPs will not/can not do!

I know people on here say its "common knowledge" on here that LFTs can be used as evidence of abstinence but can anybody put up a link that categorically states that LFTS are acceptable proof of abstinence by the DVLA. The only thing I can find is the DVLA require you to be abstinent for 12 month and be able to prove it but not how you would do this or what they would accept as evidence.

My GP has rightly said that LFT doesnt provide proof of abstinence it only shows your livers function, the only test that does prove this is the CDT test which GPs will not/can not do!

Change GP if yours is unwilling to help The DVLA don't categorically say anything about the HRO process, it's like getting blood out of a stone. However, they ask for evidence of abstainance and 99.9% of GP's in the UK take LFT's as evidence and once your results are good will record your last date of alcohol consumption.

I have actually moved out of my GPs catchment area but I havent changed practice as yet, I thought it would cause more trouble with the dvla as a new GP wouldnt know me, so could not comment on my abstinence.

I have actually moved out of my GPs catchment area but I havent changed practice as yet, I thought it would cause more trouble with the dvla as a new GP wouldnt know me, so could not comment on my abstinence.
But your old GP would have to transfer your notes over to your new one wouldn't they so there'd still be a record

true but would having the new GP be better - they wont know me, like my current GP does, they will only have one line descriptors to go on!

my GP has taken LFTs and doesnt object to taking a final one but he has said LFTs dont prove abstinence

true but would having the new GP be better - they wont know me, like my current GP does, they will only have one line descriptors to go on!

my GP has taken LFTs and doesnt object to taking a final one but he has said LFTs dont prove abstinence
I dunno I only ever go to docs if I have a limb hanging off or if I've cut my jugular! (So very rarely lol) to me a record is a record, for all we know your GP could be run over by a bus tomorrow and you'd still be in a similar situation to now!

I dunno I only ever go to docs if I have a limb hanging off or if I've cut my jugular! (So very rarely lol) to me a record is a record, for all we know your GP could be run over by a bus tomorrow and you'd still be in a similar situation to now!
niether did I until recent turn of events brought us together on a regular basis

niether did I until recent turn of events brought us together on a regular basis
Dunno why I've just thought this but I wonder if anyone has ever kept all their shopping receipts for a year from Lidl, Sainsburys, the whole bang Primark, JD Sports and sent em all to DVLA and say look this is everything I have bought all year.....4 pair of trainers, 3 pairs of PJs, loads of Wensyldeale cheese and quavers.......but you can see NO BOOZE 😂🤣

Dunno why I've just thought this but I wonder if anyone has ever kept all their shopping receipts for a year from Lidl, Sainsburys, the whole bang Primark, JD Sports and sent em all to DVLA and say look this is everything I have bought all year.....4 pair of trainers, 3 pairs of PJs, loads of Wensyldeale cheese and quavers.......but you can see NO BOOZE 😂🤣
If you are a country boy like me there is always the homemade wine and beer though......

I have been refused a licence because I was dependent on alcohol back in 2018 so my gp put down not known on some of the answers on the medical questionnaire. I had my last drink on March 2020 so 1 year abstinence till 2021. I made my application on May 2020 and took medical test on September 5th 2020 which I got 0.6% so I was refused based on my GP'S uncertain answers. A licensing refusal was made on 11th December. I only need to show proof from December as I already passed their test 3 months before. I spoke with my gp and he referred me to take a full blood count test, all blood levels are normal, I took a liver function test last week on 13th Jan which came back abnormal and a medichecks cdt test on 14th Jan which I got 0.7. So I am worried now as I can be refused again even though I have not drank. I think the lft shows if there are any problems with the liver and not if alcohol has been consumed. It sucks

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off