HRO offender help me get my license back!

Convicted Driver Insurance
Guys I need help! Very long story so bare with me! I was band for 2 years for a DR10.
I was in a violent relationship. Drove my car to get away, I phoned the police to hand myself in and to be safe! Now my ban was up in August but I’ve held off getting my license back as I’ve binged drink, smoked cannabis and also took cocaine (******** I know) I’m going to send my application away 2moro do u think if I cut out everything (and I totally swear I would) I would be ok to pass?!
To add to my ****ty life I’ve also been diagnosed with a life threatening condition! Why drink, smoke and snort you ask?! Well I’ve hit a severe depression and that’s my answer for now! It just takes me away from all my stress and worry but I’ve got my fight back! Stopped everything and I’m focusing on bettering my life! Getting my license back is hard because it just brings back the horrible memories but it would also get a wee bit of my life back if you can understand what I mean?!
Please try be as kind as you possibly can I know I ****ed up! I know

Hi Jenny,

Firstly, my sympathies, it sounds like you've had a lot of s*** to deal with. Had severe depression, know how much it hurts being trapped in your own mind, and totally understand the drugs and drink.

Regarding your licence, as a HRO you have two main hurdles. The first will be your CBD test. This tests your liver function. Drinking too much too frequently and your CBD will be raised and they will refuse your licence (and you will have wasted money on the test). There is no way of telling which drink is the tipping point, although obviously reducing or eliminating alcohol for as long as possible before your test will increase your chances of passing.

Secondly, they will write to your GP with a questionnaire. If you have discussed mental health issues that may affect your driving, or drug use, the DVLA may dig further or simply refuse entirely. Obviously that depends on exactly what you have discussed with your GP.

The only thing I can add is that although it is normal to want your licence back, especially in the circumstances that you lost it, nothing is more important than your mental health. I would turn in my driving licence forever to get rid of just one week of b*stard depression when I was ill. It is really important that you seek help for that first, and worry about your licence second. I know it doesn't seem it now because you just want to get back to normal and driving like you used to is a part of being normal. I can only speak from my experience.

FWIW even though when severely, severely depressed I told the doctors I fantasised about crashing my car into a bridge at high speed I never lost my licence because of mental health - although I did have to do a drugs test. They cut you a lot more slack with depression than alcohol.

Thank you so much for your reply and kind words.
I have anxiety and can’t sleep due to this scary scary diagnosis. I’m only 29 and the knowledge of knowing I can die is terrifying. I think due to my prescribed medication apixaban, cocodamol and tramadol they will definitely drug test me with my alcohol test. I need to get out on the road and get some life back (hospital appointments and collecting my son to and from school, how exciting ?)
It would be the biggest knock to me if I was refused my license as I’m having a hell of time the now! I just wish I knew more about my condition and more about the medical exam

The medical exam is actually a very simple affair. You will be invited to an appointment, normally at GP surgery but not your normal one. You will be invited in like any other patient, no-one will know what you are there for.

The doctor will fill out a questionnaire with you, supplied by the DVLA, then take a blood sample, then you are free to go. Should take about 20mibs total.

Depression less so, although it sounds like there is scope to work on your meds. Apart from anything else poor sleep plays havic with your MH especially if you are looking after a kid. Hopefully you will get more help.

Guys I need help! Very long story so bare with me! I was band for 2 years for a DR10.
I was in a violent relationship. Drove my car to get away, I phoned the police to hand myself in and to be safe! Now my ban was up in August but I’ve held off getting my license back as I’ve binged drink, smoked cannabis and also took cocaine (******** I know) I’m going to send my application away 2moro do u think if I cut out everything (and I totally swear I would) I would be ok to pass?!
To add to my ****ty life I’ve also been diagnosed with a life threatening condition! Why drink, smoke and snort you ask?! Well I’ve hit a severe depression and that’s my answer for now! It just takes me away from all my stress and worry but I’ve got my fight back! Stopped everything and I’m focusing on bettering my life! Getting my license back is hard because it just brings back the horrible memories but it would also get a wee bit of my life back if you can understand what I mean?!
Please try be as kind as you possibly can I know I ****ed up! I know

Hi I am deffo interested in whether or not they do a piss test as i smoke weed like cigarettes but I ****ed the drinking off so I'm cool with passing that liver function one I just don't know if they're gonna want a urine sample or if they gonna check my blood for drugs - when is your medical? I been puttin mine off coz of you fail you gotta wait another year to try again and I got 5 kids so not having a car has made our lives HARD AS **** not even joking. Can u let me know what happens when you go? If you do that will be awesome xxx thank you, Helen

They normally do a drugs test if you have discussed with your GP about smoking cannabis or they have some other reason to suspect drug use.

You should also be aware that when you get your licence back you are more likely to be stopped simply because if the same officers see you they may fancy a tug. If they suspect drugs and do a drugs test you you will almost certainly fail as the limit is very low.

Honestly if your licence is valuable to you I think you are playing with fire drug driving after a DD conviction. If you are caught you will be disqualified for three years, and then they will definitely do a drugs test before giving your licence back. However, ultimately the choice is yours.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off