HRO medical

Convicted Driver Insurance

NST90

Hi, help please! I’m classed as a HRO and I issued a 3 year ban. I knew I had to take a medical but I had no idea what it consisted of until last week and now I’m panicking! I haven’t had an alcoholic drink since beginning of Jan 2019, I don’t have the date for my medical yet I’m waiting for the dvla to issue me with the doctors details. I used to have an alcohol problem 5 years ago and underwent an alcohol detox but I got it under control and then it turned to alcohol misuse but I got that under control. I had a few drinks over Christmas and sometimes it was heavy drinking. I have a mental health disorder and it’s all documented. I have now been discharged from the mental health team and doing really well. What are the chances I will pass the medical? Is there anything I can do to help me get a good result

Don't panick Stop drinking the longer the better , if your a regular drinker your CDT may be high,
However the good news it only takes 2-4 weeks to correct CDT depending on your start figure! The fact you have not booked a medical an the dvla give you more than 3 weeks to arrange! Gives you more time,
But don't panick Mr Manning,

Don't panick Stop drinking the longer the better , if your a regular drinker your CDT may be high,
However the good news it only takes 2-4 weeks to correct CDT depending on your start figure! The fact you have not booked a medical an the dvla give you more than 3 weeks to arrange! Gives you more time,
But don't panick Mr Manning,

Thanks craig121! I just want this all to be over now. I wasn’t an overly massive drinker before but just the odd binge drink maybe like twice a month. I’m just so nervous. I’m hoping to get the letter next week to tell me what GP to book with and then I imagine it will be a couple weeks before I can get an appointment.

You will fly through gaurenteed infact you would pass now! Since last drink was end of January
Glad your back on track I think most of us at some point in our lives have visited MH & Alcohol to some degree

Last edited:
You will fly through gaurenteed infact you would pass now! Since last drink was end of January
Glad your back on track I think most of us at some point in our lives have visited MH & Alcohol to some degree

Thanks craig121. Everyone keeps telling me i will pass, guess I’m just really nervous and so desperate to get my licence back.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off