Hro medical (your experiences)

Convicted Driver Insurance
wow they are sooooo slow cannot even get the doctor that did my medical to give me my results , and after your link well i need an update lol should of been driving 26th dec held it off and well words fail me
The doctor who did the medical only takes the bloods they do not have access to the results.

Update !!!

Dvla medical 31st June

Called today , they told me they had only scanned my paperwork onto the system today and would need to be looked at before a decision is made , advised to keep checking online over next few weeks for an update.

Checked 8pm and full 10year license granted

Thanks for all the helpful information and advice from the varies people on this forum, very useful. Keep up the good work 🙏

Update !!!

Dvla medical 31st June

Called today , they told me they had only scanned my paperwork onto the system today and would need to be looked at before a decision is made , advised to keep checking online over next few weeks for an update.

Checked 8pm and full 10year license granted

Thanks for all the helpful information and advice from the varies people on this forum, very useful. Keep up the good work 🙏
Nice one! Congrats mate! 😃😃😃

Absolutely chuffed for you.

Well done 👏, not sure someone eles should know better . My bans not actually up for another 2 month so I know I can’t . If your ban is up I don’t see why not not but wait for someone on here to confirm first don’t want any issues

I was over the moon until adrimal turned me down who i have been with for yearssssss and even this got you covered from the driving course is proving the biggest headache ever - give me strength will there ever be a happy ending ?

On you're medical it asks when you last drank. Did you state when or do you not drink anymore. Alot of people saying that you should say that you don't drink anymore I'm confused. And do DVLA always get in touch with your own GP?
If you have any form of alcohol dependency on your medical records and you declare that you've consumed alcohol in the last 12 months, you won't be getting your license back this time round.
Best bet is to say you haven't had any for at least a year, but make sure that your CDT results can back up that declaration!

If you have any form of alcohol dependency on your medical records and you declare that you've consumed alcohol in the last 12 months, you won't be getting your license back this time round.
Best bet is to say you haven't had any for at least a year, but make sure that your CDT results can back up that declaration!
Absolutely this.

I had my medical on 15th August 2022. My 1yr licence was granted in September 2022.
I've just had my medical questionnaire through the post (30/06/2023) and have posted it back (01/07/2023). Hoping to have my medical done and dusted as early as possible in August, but we shall see......................

I had my medical on 15th August 2022. My 1yr licence was granted in September 2022.
I've just had my medical questionnaire through the post (30/06/2023) and have posted it back (01/07/2023). Hoping to have my medical done and dusted as early as possible in August, but we shall see......................

Norts

You might be in for a wait I'm afraid, as the DVLA are currently involved in industrial action and reduced working. Once September arrives and there is no light at the end of the tunnel, you can continue to drive under Section 88 of the Road Traffic Act 1988.

I had to use Section 88 for a year in between my first and second temporary driving licence because of the slow process of the DVLA medical team and the ineptitude of my GP surgery.

CJ

Norts

You might be in for a wait I'm afraid, as the DVLA are currently involved in industrial action and reduced working. Once September arrives and there is no light at the end of the tunnel, you can continue to drive under Section 88 of the Road Traffic Act 1988.

I had to use Section 88 for a year in between my first and second temporary driving licence because of the slow process of the DVLA medical team and the ineptitude of my GP surgery.

CJ
Do I have to apply to use S88, or is it an automatically generated thing?

Provided nothing has changed in your medical notes which might adversely affect your ability to drive, then no, you don’t need to do anything; provided you have an awaiting application in progress (which you do).

For belt and braces though, you can get the DVLA to confirm this. If you phone, sit and wait an aeon or two waiting to get through (and eventually do), they will confirm what I’ve said above in writing, if you ask.

They did for this for me, and this correspondence lay neatly in the glovebox (in case I was stopped, which I never was) for 45+ weeks while awaiting my license back. HTH.

The only requirement to use S.88 is that your GP has no concerns about you continuing to drive. Unfortunately, you will find most GP’s will not make the decision to say ‘yes’ because they are constantly back covering everything they do. I would simply ask the GP if there are any reasons why you shouldn’t drive under S.88. Most GP’s will throw the ball back in your court and state it’s down to you to make your own judgement about continuing to drive.

CJ

On my first license application a very similar thing happened,my GP wouldn't write to dvla until paid,and DVLA wouldn't pay until the information was received!
This was very concerning,and when I offered to pay the fee, DVLA advised against this!
I decided to pay the fee (£60 I seem to remember) to get the ball rolling!
£60 was worth all the headache,£300 is far greater than the application fee,so understandable that DVLA find this fee excessive.
My application was completed by a locum GP,who only had my notes on his system,plus my advice on the telephone,and was deemed to be dependent!
Luckily I had found this forum,and had managed to get 2 lfts done over 6 months,and a stopped drinking date outside the 12 month mandatory timescale.
A CDT of 0 8 secured me a 1 year license, with a new medical in 3 weeks (delayed),with the fee paid by DVLA,plus no cost to me this time by my own GP surgery.
May I ask how many years before the end of your ban did your doctor write you wrote down you were dependent.

I went to the doctor a couple of times around 7 1/2 years before the end of my ban and had a detox (which inn heinsight was not needed); I was drinking above recommended limits which is a lifestyle choice.
However one doctor wrote " I was attempting to improve my lifestyle" whereas another noted "possible dependence".

Is the timescale important since this was 7 1/2 years ago??

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off