Hro medical (your experiences)

Convicted Driver Insurance
Yes I also believe 4 weeks would be enough but was referring to Darren’s friend who got a cdt of 8,7% that would take 6 weeks to normalise just wondering how much he had to drink to get such n high score.

I am not sure if I can believe this. Maybe you have a super liver. Are you for real?
I certainly am for real. I have read multiple experiences similar to that of my own. However with that being said, I certainly am not advocating or promoting drinking as I did in the lead up to your medical - I am not an alcoholic however and this test is designed for alcoholics, ergo my safety in having a few drinks in the weeks before. Naturally I was anxious as I’ve never had a CDT% test before, but confident in my knowing I’m not an alcoholic also.
Unaware of any supernatural liver powers also!

I certainly am for real. I have read multiple experiences similar to that of my own. However with that being said, I certainly am not advocating or promoting drinking as I did in the lead up to your medical - I am not an alcoholic however and this test is designed for alcoholics, ergo my safety in having a few drinks in the weeks before. Naturally I was anxious as I’ve never had a CDT% test before, but confident in my knowing I’m not an alcoholic also.
Unaware of any supernatural liver powers also!
Good to know because a lot of people I know said it is to catch out alcoholics and I am stressing to much. Give me some peace of mind reading your post. Thanx for sharing.

I had my medical today. Answered no to a lot of the questions, but had to tick 2 boxes about a detox and having misused alcohol in the last 6 years. Had blood taken but no urine sample. Also the box about mental health. I am assuming because I answered yes to some questions that I will have my licence revoked in a few weeks?

I had my medical today. Answered no to a lot of the questions, but had to tick 2 boxes about a detox and having misused alcohol in the last 6 years. Had blood taken but no urine sample. Also the box about mental health. I am assuming because I answered yes to some questions that I will have my licence revoked in a few weeks?
Hopefully not, maybe get an LFT registered with your doc? And get some evidence that you're coping OK?

I've been looking through my medical records. Raised this before about an LFT that came back at 183 due to my having started a course of statins following a TIA, and the GP talking to me about alcohol consumption but not listening to me stating that I was on statins (basically an LFT came back high after I was placed on them). My annual LFTs since that point have ranged between 16 and 34.

Anyway, long and short I noted that when I had my TIA I told the hospital I was drinking 20 units per week and this is on my records from November 2018.

I'm now assuming that these are going to be red flags against me when it comes to the licence renewal.

I've been looking through my medical records. Raised this before about an LFT that came back at 183 due to my having started a course of statins following a TIA, and the GP talking to me about alcohol consumption but not listening to me stating that I was on statins (basically an LFT came back high after I was placed on them). My annual LFTs since that point have ranged between 16 and 34.

Anyway, long and short I noted that when I had my TIA I told the hospital I was drinking 20 units per week and this is on my records from November 2018.

I'm now assuming that these are going to be red flags against me when it comes to the licence renewal.
Is it a given then, that if you have drink problems logged on your medical records, you automatically have your licence revoked? Seems very unfair

I’m thinking best case I might get a one year licence. Worst case I’m fooked for another year.

If it’s the latter, I can’t take much more of this.

I’m thinking best case I might get a one year licence. Worst case I’m fooked for another year.

If it’s the latter, I can’t take much more of this.
I think its mental. Medical history is just that - HISTORY! No indication of where you are at now. The mad thing is I have my licence, I'm not re-applying for it :-(

I think its mental. Medical history is just that - HISTORY! No indication of where you are at now. The mad thing is I have my licence, I'm not re-applying for it :-(
Exactly no indication where you are at now that’s reason enough for the dvla maybe it is history maybe it is not my advice if the doctor ever asks you if you drink or take drugs always say no or they will put it on your medical record as they are obligated to do so and then your screwed for life

Exactly no indication where you are at now that’s reason enough for the dvla maybe it is history maybe it is not my advice if the doctor ever asks you if you drink or take drugs always say no or they will put it on your medical record as they are obligated to do so and then your screwed for life
I always think the undue stress this puts on everyone can make some people reverse back to the place they may have been 1, 2, 3 years ago when they were silly enough to get in a car over the limit and drive! Doesn’t make sense.

I always think the undue stress this puts on everyone can make some people reverse back to the place they may have been 1, 2, 3 years ago when they were silly enough to get in a car over the limit and drive! Doesn’t make sense.
Precisely. Im recovering from a serious alcohol problem. Ive managed to rurn my life around, get a new job, and now im going to probably lose my licence "just in case' i re-offend? Bonkers. There are plenty of people out there that dont have drink issues but still drink and drive.
Whats the point of a medical with a blood test, if DVLA are going to ignore it and do their own thing? Doesnt make sense to me.

Just got another 1 year license. On the letter they attached their reply to my GP outlining that they’ve done a CDT test and the “result”. Except there is no result… it says: “On testing, your patients %CDT was no result”. Anyone got any ideas why this might be so?

Precisely. Im recovering from a serious alcohol problem. Ive managed to rurn my life around, get a new job, and now im going to probably lose my licence "just in case' i re-offend? Bonkers. There are plenty of people out there that dont have drink issues but still drink and drive.
Whats the point of a medical with a blood test, if DVLA are going to ignore it and do their own thing? Doesnt make sense to me.
Who reported you to the DVLA? Was it your GP?

Not necessarily mate. It sounds like you have been completely honest and transparent with your answers. With things like this, it is almost an integrity exercise - you need to make sure you have rattled those skeletons hidden away so the DVLA cannot come back and refuse you your licence because you haven't declared something.

CJ

I’ve an appointment with my GP next week to make them aware of the DVLA contacting them, and to go through my medical history.

As I’ve mentioned before I had an LFT that came back at 183 due to statins, but the GP at the time gave me a lecture about alcohol and literature about its effects.

I want to determine if this is on my record or it was a lecture, and make sure my answers chime with anything the GP puts down.

I’ve an appointment with my GP next week to make them aware of the DVLA contacting them, and to go through my medical history.

As I’ve mentioned before I had an LFT that came back at 183 due to statins, but the GP at the time gave me a lecture about alcohol and literature about its effects.

I want to determine if this is on my record or it was a lecture, and make sure my answers chime with anything the GP puts down.

Greg

Have you declared anything to the DVLA, yet? I would certainly broach the subject with your GP and ask them whether they will declare this in the DVLA medical report. With something like this, you need to be on the ball as you do not want to caught out by not declaring something to the DVLA, then GP does raise something and the DVLA refuse your licence.

CJ

Greg

Have you declared anything to the DVLA, yet? I would certainly broach the subject with your GP and ask them whether they will declare this in the DVLA medical report. With something like this, you need to be on the ball as you do not want to caught out by not declaring something to the DVLA, then GP does raise something and the DVLA refuse your licence.

CJ
CJ, I've not filled in the DVLA form yet or applied for my licence I am aiming to speak to my GP and establish what is on my record. Given that my LFT's since March 2019 have ranged between 16 - 34 I think that can prove there are no long term issues, and never having been seen again regarding alcohol, but having an accident while I was driving and over the limit may raise issues. If the previous GP (who was only at the surgery 6 months) has put anything down I want to get ahead of the game.

I can delay applying until I speak to my current GP as I'd rather have everything bottomed out and no surprises.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off