Hro medical (your experiences)

Convicted Driver Insurance
I have tried lots of times to get through to them , but no I haven't spoke to anyone.
Just recently they have been answering . Albeit after lots of attempts. I think it would be good if you could just keep trying to get through to check they have all the information.

Feeling really pissed off tbh pardon the pun lol. Did the dd course. I was on course with all the procedures. Did everything that was asked of me. Now lost my no claims ( 10yrs) which would have been ok if everything went how it should .. gutted. I get the pandemic can't be helped, but it's like kick someone when they already down ..... feel for everyone on here, it's so hard.

Just recently they have been answering . Albeit after lots of attempts. I think it would be good if you could just keep trying to get through to check they have all the information.
Thanks Polly I will keep trying :) Hope you get sorted out too gl x

Hi
I had my medical on Tuesday the 20th July which seemed to go ok got the usual height ,weight,stomach prod and of course the blood test , Dr was a decent guy . I had been convicted of DD in 2002 i honestly cannot remember the readings and was so ashamed i never even gave it a thought for many years about re-applying for my licence, its only in the past few months i decided to go for it , I sent a D1 off recorded delivery in March but after a gazillion phone calls i got through and they only got it on April 23rd .I got the medical letter in early June but first appt was the date above, Now what id like to ask is i had a holiday at the end of May and prob did go overboard for about 4-5 days but normally i have a drink maybe once twice a month and abstained from the end of May right up until my medical whats the likely CDT after more than 7 weeks abstinence? When i do say i drink once or twice a month its never anything crazy .. God knows howlong ill need to wait but after 19 years im sure a cpl months isnt gonna be a hassle,..

Cheers in advance

Hi
I had my medical on Tuesday the 20th July which seemed to go ok got the usual height ,weight,stomach prod and of course the blood test , Dr was a decent guy . I had been convicted of DD in 2002 i honestly cannot remember the readings and was so ashamed i never even gave it a thought for many years about re-applying for my licence, its only in the past few months i decided to go for it , I sent a D1 off recorded delivery in March but after a gazillion phone calls i got through and they only got it on April 23rd .I got the medical letter in early June but first appt was the date above, Now what id like to ask is i had a holiday at the end of May and prob did go overboard for about 4-5 days but normally i have a drink maybe once twice a month and abstained from the end of May right up until my medical whats the likely CDT after more than 7 weeks abstinence? When i do say i drink once or twice a month its never anything crazy .. God knows howlong ill need to wait but after 19 years im sure a cpl months isnt gonna be a hassle,..

Cheers in advance
I'm not really sure Jimbo, but you get that letter which pretty much tells you your boundaries, I'm sure you will be ok. best of luck to you x

Hi

Cheers in advance
Congrats for sending in your application. Everyone is different but I abstained for six weeks before the medical (prior to that that I drank around a bottle of wine a week, max) and I got a CDT of 0.5, which is pretty low. I’m confident you will be absolutely fine. All the best.

Hi

Cheers in advance
You will be fine on that jimbo 7 weeks is a long time

Had my medical on 19th July and got my full licence back on 7th September. If they contacted my GP it would have taken longer naturally. Don't know what my cdt result was but don't care as passed anyway.
Congrats on getting your license back! My medical was 10th august, assume I still have a bit of a wait urgh, just want my independence back now. Over a month since my ban was up and reckon it’ll be another month till I get it back. Thanks for the reply and happy driving!

Had my medical on 19th July and got my full licence back on 7th September. If they contacted my GP it would have taken longer naturally. Don't know what my cdt result was but don't care as passed anyway.
This must be the almost exact timetable as my medical was 20th July and my licence was issued today ..long wait but finally over

Last edited:
Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off