Hro medical (your experiences)

Convicted Driver Insurance
It's because I declared on my initial D1 application that I have a history of dependance/misuse so they sent me the questionnaire and I sent it back then they wrote to GP. I'm assuming my GP report was ok since I've been invited for a medical. Fingers crossed
Interesting as they didn't even send me a D1 form with the application pack. I have heard elsewhere that they have stopped this and it is only completed now at the medical.

It used to be you completed it with your application and then again at the medical which I always thought was some way of trapping you and finding out if you said the same thing both times.

Anyway, good luck.

I'm back driving again, but the way fuel prices are going I will be using my eBike for all my local journeys in the summer.

Unusual in that they wrote to your GP before the Medical as they normally wait to see if you 'pass or fail' the medical before doing this.

After a year sober you won't have any issues with the medical. Just be honest in the form and say you don't drink and haven't since (insert date.) Yes, you will need to complete the D1 questionnaire again.
Not that unusual. They wrote to my GP before both of my medicals over the last 2 years. Lots of people have this, think depends on what their system says.

My experience was that I didn’t have a have a sobriety date , purely and simply because I didn’t know I had to, however I self proclaimed and that seems to have been accepted….my cdt was 0.3. I was shocked that the DVLA then wanted to write to my GP, as I couldn’t see why, well that’s just how it happens. There’s no getting away from it, just go with the flow, cooperate and be honest. X There is a way through xx

I Just wanted to write my timescale on here..
Iv been reading a lot of messages since I posted off my d1 form in October as I was hro I applied 90 days before my ban is due to Finnish (12 jan 2022)
all Iv read is dreadful long waits so I was under the impression I wouldn’t here anything back from dvla till the new year but to my surprise they wrote to me today requesting a medical ….

Sent of completed d1 form Friday 15th October recorded next day delivery

Dvla signed for it Saturday 16th October

Thursday 25th letter received requesting medical

medical booked in for Wednesday 1st dec 10.30am

it may go downhill after the medical I maybe sat around waiting but I just wanted to give some hope for people sat wondering the same as I was
Hey! I'm just wondering how your medical went and if it did go down hill like you thought it might or you were given your license back? Thanks in advance x

Thank you, yea I have a blood test for next Monday for hormones but they are doing a lft also so I will have that on my file , it’s just reading all the comments really has me worried, it makes me never ever to want to visit my gp in the future regarding any problems as it would go against me, if I have to do another year to prove abstinence I don’t know what il do , ive already done my punishment for driving , paid and done the drink course to get 25% off and it could all be a waste of money and effort, because they dr only has to say one slight thing that they don’t agree with and they have the power to totally upend my life for another year , I’m so on edge, I’m going to have a good talk to my doctor when I get bloods back and tell her I’m due licence back etc and make sure it’s noted on my file , it doesn’t help that my surgery has just merged with another and drs have left so I’m not even close to my gp so she has never even met me,
Hi
I’ve just had a call from my doctor as asked him to call regarding my medical next Friday 1st April.
When I lost my licence last Jan my husband said to let the doctor know!
(I wasn’t in the strongest of places after loosing my dear dad and my career of 30 years due to Covid)
My doctor who I get on with really well said I know this isn’t you and I do think you are depressed and prescribed me some tablets that I came off a couple of months ago
Because it’s noted that will be classed as misuse which has now got me really worried
He said today to stop worrying as it was only a one off
Is he right?
So scared this will go against me now
I was due my licence back in Feb it’s never ending all this
Thanks

Hi
I’ve just had a call from my doctor as asked him to call regarding my medical next Friday 1st April.
When I lost my licence last Jan my husband said to let the doctor know!
(I wasn’t in the strongest of places after loosing my dear dad and my career of 30 years due to Covid)
My doctor who I get on with really well said I know this isn’t you and I do think you are depressed and prescribed me some tablets that I came off a couple of months ago
Because it’s noted that will be classed as misuse which has now got me really worried
He said today to stop worrying as it was only a one off
Is he right?
So scared this will go against me now
I was due my licence back in Feb it’s never ending all this
Thanks
Hi Sammie,,, I really can relate to all your worry,, it's absolute torture this uncertainty.. There's no mention of alcohol with your GP just the depression meds,,, sounds like you have a very understanding gp,,, that's the best thing you can do is talking to them as it's in our GPS hands after getting a low cdt score. I have very similar dates to you,, ban finished 23rd Jan,, medical 31st march,, it's the not knowing how it's going to pan out is the disturbing thing that's messing with our mental health,, sending you a 🤗

Hi all,,, have my medical tomorrow, on the questionnaire does anyone know if you need to put when you last saw your GP and what for? after you write the address and name of gp please

Hi all,,, have my medical tomorrow, on the questionnaire does anyone know if you need to put when you last saw your GP and what for? after you write the address and name of gp please
Don't think so. I had to put on my questionnaire that I used a course of Librium to get off the drink, but that was the only medical date they asked for. They asked me for my GP's details, but not the date I last saw him. The only dates I gave were for June 2020 when I did the week course of Librium, and the date of my last drink, which was 31st May 2020.

Don't think so. I had to put on my questionnaire that I used a course of Librium to get off the drink, but that was the only medical date they asked for. They asked me for my GP's details, but not the date I last saw him. The only dates I gave were for June 2020 when I did the week course of Librium, and the date of my last drink, which was 31st May 2020.
Thanks norts,, it just asks underneath gp address and name date last seen

Once you have sent your application form and payment to DVLA, as an HRO, you have set the wheels in motion. DVLA will write back, asking you to attend a medical examination, where a sample of your blood will be taken for analysis at a lab. They are looking for CDT, a blood serum, which can give a reasonably reliable indication of excessive alcohol consumption.

You have 6 weeks from the DATE of their letter to you to attend your medical exam.

This is regardless of how long it takes for this letter to get to you. The 6 week window starts from the date of them writing to you...something that took me by surprise and I'm sure many others.
Hi, can you tell me if they contacted your gp to go through your previous medical history ?

If you are classed as HRO with a high reading almost certainly they do
Thanks topchippyles, I'm going to have to start getting regular LFTS done then as I think I need 12 months clear blood tests being a HRO as I have previous alcohol on my gp record, unless you know otherwise ?

You CDT will trigger that..if you reading is low prob not..if its is high and doesnt match with the answers you give on your questionaire they 10000% will
I've got previous alcohol on my gp record Mike, so I think they're going to check ?

I've got previous alcohol on my gp record Mike, so I think they're going to check ?
Yeh they most likely will as with your questions on questionnaire you'll have to say about it (as long as it was within the past 6 years that you went to your gp about it)

Loads and loads on here with low CDT readings and the dvla contact their doctor.
Yes thats right but if CDT match Your Answers you give on your questions than happy days but by the looks of it its like a lottery...hit or miss..but
Yeh they most likely will as with your questions on questionnaire you'll have to say about it (as long as it was within the past 6 years that you went to your gp about it)
As long as you got no previous misuse you laughing..but its a hit or a miss..people here got license after 15 days of medical...

Yes thats right but if CDT match Your Answers you give on your questions than happy days but by the looks of it its like a lottery...hit or miss..but

As long as you got no previous misuse you laughing..but its a hit or a miss..people here got license after 15 days of medical...
Yeh Dave said he has previous misuse on his records so they most likely will contact from this. Those people who got medical so soon after more or less ticked no on every box - whether it was true or not... They luckily got away with it. But ofcourse if you lied and they do contact GP, you've suddenly got a very complex case on your hands

Yeh Dave said he has previous misuse on his records so they most likely will contact from this. Those people who got medical so soon after more or less ticked no on every box - whether it was true or not... They luckily got away with it. But ofcourse if you lied and they do contact GP, you've suddenly got a very complex case on your hands
It doesnt matter its all up to all individual honesty...if they contact gp than it is was it is...but honesty is best policy..but some get away with it...

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off