Hro medical (your experiences)

Convicted Driver Insurance

Luna2000

Hi do you know what caused them to write to your GP? I had my medical last week and no idea what will happen now. I answered no to most as not drunk for 2.5 years
I also haven't drunk for 2.5 years and only answered scored 1 on the questionnaire. They have also written to my GP the only reason being that I admitted to having had medication when I stopped drinking (a one week course of diazepam.)

I answered no to everything else and only answered yes to this in case they wrote to my GP anyway and he informed them of that. I have only ever seen my GP three times for alcohol issues and nave never been hospitalised, seen a consultant or crashed a car.

Freddie Daddy

I also haven't drunk for 2.5 years and only answered scored 1 on the questionnaire. They have also written to my GP the only reason being that I admitted to having had medication when I stopped drinking (a one week course of diazepam.)

I answered no to everything else and only answered yes to this in case they wrote to my GP anyway and he informed them of that. I have only ever seen my GP three times for alcohol issues and nave never been hospitalised, seen a consultant or crashed a car.
Sounds like you will be fine then. When did you have your GP appointment? Mine seemed to go quite well. She was very supportive. I had it yesterday. Back to the waiting game.

Luna2000

Sounds like you will be fine then. When did you have your GP appointment? Mine seemed to go quite well. She was very supportive. I had it yesterday. Back to the waiting game.
I had my Medical (not my GP,) back on the 30th September. I spoke with my GP on the phone regarding the possibility/probability of DVLA writing to them on the 17th November just to make sure they had all the relevant facts about me not drinking for this extended period. He seemed very supportive and knew about the CDT test. I'll just have to wait and see what happens. Thankfully I am nearly at the end of the process, barring of course the DVLA wanting proof of abstinence. That will be a bummer.

Freddie Daddy

I had my Medical (not my GP,) back on the 30th September. I spoke with my GP on the phone regarding the possibility/probability of DVLA writing to them on the 17th November just to make sure they had all the relevant facts about me not drinking for this extended period. He seemed very supportive and knew about the CDT test. I'll just have to wait and see what happens. Thankfully I am nearly at the end of the process, barring of course the DVLA wanting proof of abstinence. That will be a bummer.
Finally got my licence today!! What a Christmas present!

thank you everyone here who has helped me in the last two and a half years. What a great community. Full of empathy.
So my dates are:
18 June ban ended
21 June sent application to dvla
3 November medical m
20 dec medical results which showed abstinence
24 December licence granted
Wow what a journey.
Merry Christmas.

Luna2000

Finally got my licence today!! What a Christmas present!

thank you everyone here who has helped me in the last two and a half years. What a great community. Full of empathy.
So my dates are:
18 June ban ended
21 June sent application to dvla
3 November medical m
20 dec medical results which showed abstinence
24 December licence granted
Wow what a journey.
Merry Christmas.
Congratulations. That was a quick turnaround from the DVLA receiving your GP report and them issuing the licence. Some people are waiting months for this to happen.

Can I ask why you waited until your ban ended before applying for your licence and didn't apply 90 days before?

Freddie Daddy

Congratulations. That was a quick turnaround from the DVLA receiving your GP report and them issuing the licence. Some people are waiting months for this to happen.

Can I ask why you waited until your ban ended before applying for your licence and didn't apply 90 days before?
Hi yes sure. I had to wait until my ban ended as I was banned for three years (so not up until June 2022) but I went to court after two years and the court ended it on that day in June this year. So I was given a full 12 months off but then had to wait just over 6 coz of the DVLA!!
My GP called me the day she got the forms and she returned them within a couple of days. Maybe that’s why it was quicker. Maybe I was just lucky for a change!!

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off