HRO medical today

Convicted Driver Insurance

stubear

Had my medical this morning - and thought I would post the process for info.

Started with signing 2 bits of paperwork.

1. Authorisation for my blood to be tested by Viapath
2. The DVLA paperwork/questionaire.

The DR took my payment of £98.50 and checked my
Photographic ID.

He then asked me questions relating to my health and drinking and completed the questionaire (I thought I may have filled that in, but he did) and also the scoring matrix thing with questions, my overall score was 3, one point each for the first 3 questions, the rest were zeros.

He asked my height and took my weight.

Took my blood pressure.

Checked my chest/breathing.

Had a feel at my stomach.

No urine check was asked for/ needed.

Then he took the blood from my arm.

The sample was then placed in the packet to be sent to the lab. I'm actually not sure if he maybe put the DVLA paperwork in with the blood sample, but I could be mistaken. It was maybe just the sample paperwork and the DVLA stuff will go seperate.

And that was that - the paperwork and sample will now be sent off.

I was in for under 10 minutes, I reckon.

I'm expecting my CDT result will be fine. As I had done a private medichecks test.

I abstained for 21 days, then got the sample took and sent off on Mon 20th Aug, got the results on Thurs 23rd evening.

With a score of 0.7 CDT

Was satisifed with this result, so could take the medical with the peace of mind the CDT should be fine.

By time of my medical I would be 30 days abstinent.

I'll post any further updates here from DVLA and may contact them for my CDT results when there done to see how they compare to my medichecks test.

Last edited:
Had my medical this morning - and thought I would post the process for info.

The sample was then placed in the packet to be sent to the lab. I'm actually not sure if he maybe put the DVLA paperwork in with the blood sample, but I could be mistaken. It was maybe just the sample paperwork and the DVLA stuff will go seperate.

And that was that - the paperwork and sample will now be sent off.

My blood sample was put straight into an envelope (also Viapath) and sealed in front of me. The questionnaire was still being written on afterwards by the Doc. From my own conversations with the DVLA afterwards to get updates and also other comments on the forum, the lab results from ViaPath are quite quick to get to the DVLA compared to Doctor's notes that are sent mainly by snail mail. ??

I'm assuming that ViaPath and other labs just know you as as DVLA barcode and have no business to know anything personal ??? Don't know for sure.

Bacchus

Thanks Bacchus

I was maybe mistaken and it did all go separate.

Will give them a call next week for an update.

Called DVLA this morning for an update

And they advised that they still hadn't received the doctors report.

The medical was on 28th August, so that would allow 10/11 postal/processing days.

Should I be concerned that the report hasnt arrived yet, or has gone missing, not been sent properly?

Anyone else any experiences of this or this timescale.

Thanks

DVLA often take longer than that to consider the doctors report from your medical, but they normally get the report in a few days.
Try contacting the doctor who did the medical to see what has happened at their end.It may have not been posted for some reason and you checking may reveal this.

Called the DR's surgery.

And whilst not taking my name, they did say everything had been sent away, but some weeks it can go a bit later.

Seems a bit vague, but hope this is correct and its just taking its time getting to DVLA and onto its system.

Would hate things held up just for paperwork going missing.

Well after 14 working days since medical and phoning DVLA each day for last few days.

Still no sign of my medical questionaire paperwork.

The CDT results are with the DVLA

I have now printed off and completed the medical questionaire with the same answers I gave at medical and sent it off 1st class recorded to DVLA.

I hope this will be okay, me sending it myself?

I will update on due course.

I have a funny feeling the questionaire was wrongly sent along with the sample, could be wrong though and its simply went missing.

They will fairly obviously not accept a questionnaire they asked a doctor to fill out from you. Hopefully you made it clear yours is a copy for information only so they don't go into meltdown when they receive two identical ones.

It's understandable to be impatient and trust me no-one hates DVLA licence renewals more than me - they almost got my car seized by giving police the wrong information, and labelled me a recreational drug user with zero basis.

But, you have to follow their stupid process. If you don't you will just get put in the "difficult application" tray and it will take twice as long. They don't ever accept they are wrong, which means you need to try not give them the opportunity to balls things up.

Licence issued last week sometime.

Took just under a month from the medical date.

This was due to the slowness in the medical questionaire arriving on the system.

At the 3 week point, I printed and filled in my own version with the same answers I gave the doc, and sent it off recorded delivery.

The original may have went missing or got there eventually , who knows.

They had the cdt results fairly quickly.

So licence back with about a month to spare.

Ban ends: 20 oct.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off