HRO medical questionnaire Answers

Convicted Driver Insurance

Slip1970

Hi, I have my HRO medical tomorrow and I'm after some advice regarding answers to the medical questionnaire regarding drinking habbits. I haven't drank for two months so the CDT is not a problem I expect but what is the best way to answers the questions regarding this.
Do I just say I'm now a non drinker to all the questions or say I drink 4 to 6 units once a week ? Any help would be much appreciated.

I can’t remember the specific form that gets filled in, and it’s not available online, but they are all fairly similar. DR1V can be found here:-
https://assets.publishing.service.g.../709820/dr1v-confidential-medical-information.
Having a quick read will give you the heads up. Any answers given outside of these parameters can trigger a query to your gp. I don’t think saying 0 units would be helpful (when compared to your possible CDT result) but as long as it’s under the magic 14 units, and less than 8 units in one go etc, no advice sought for alcohol issues, and a good CDT result, that should be fine.

I was lucky when I did mine as the receptionist accidentally handed me the forms to fill in while I was waiting. Doc wasn’t too pleased, but he got over it.

Thanks for that diesel, I had a private CDT test two weeks ago and my result was 0.7% so that won't be an issue and I was never a huge dirinker anyway just made the wrong decision one night. I will keep my answers within the 14 unit spectrum and I should be fine....thanks again.

License arrived the other day so I'm more or less all finished with this mess...thank god !! DVLA gave no indication of my CDT results and tbh I'm not bothered, my license is back and in 24 days I will be back on the road ? this forum has been a lifesaver as in my darkest hours I have been able to turn here for advice...Its a great source of information for all us silly people to get help, assurance and guidance. Thanks to all involved in this forum.

License arrived the other day so I'm more or less all finished with this mess...thank god !! DVLA gave no indication of my CDT results and tbh I'm not bothered, my license is back and in 24 days I will be back on the road ? this forum has been a lifesaver as in my darkest hours I have been able to turn here for advice...Its a great source of information for all us silly people to get help, assurance and guidance. Thanks to all involved in this forum.

What questions did they ask in the medical? Was it an outright 'how many units do you drink a week' and 'how many at a time'?

Similar to you, I have mine coming up soon and haven't drank for 2 months but I'm a bit bothered about what questions they'll ask and how to respond given this!

Yes I attended a dvla medical 29/10/19 and all questions related to drinking go back six years,fits and blackouts go back 5 years and drugs are 3....

Yes I attended a dvla medical 29/10/19 and all questions related to drinking go back six years,fits and blackouts go back 5 years and drugs are 3....

Any advice on my question please? :) I've been off the drink for 2 months but don't know what kind of questions I'm expecting and how to answer? Is it outright quesitons like 'how many units do you drink a week' and 'how many at a time'? Thanks :)

Ok so here are the actual questions as I screenshot them 1) As a result of your alcohol dependence have you needed to take prescribed medication to help you stop drinking 2) When did you last have a alcoholic drink, how many units 3) How often do you have a drink with alcohol in it 4) Within the last six years have you been dependent on or regularly misused alcohol 5) Within the last six years have you had an accident/injury or a road traffic accident as a result of your alcohol intake 6) Within the last six years have you had a problem with your home/family work as a result of your alcohol intake 7) Within the last six years have you been told you have liver damage 8) Within the last six years have you required treatment for a alcohol related illness 9) Have you had any fits blackouts seizures in the last five years 10) Within the last three years have you misused any drugs including prescribed over the counter medication or any other substance 11) Have you had any mental health problems in the last three years.All these questions are to tick a box and if you do to to give dates, you then sign a declaration and give your doctors name address etc, after that there is another medical questionnaire all about drinking with multiple choice i.e. How many drinks do you have in one day ,do you have a drink first thing in the morning, how often during the last year have you found you cannot stop drinking once started, hope this helps mate .....

Ok so here are the actual questions as I screenshot them 1) As a result of your alcohol dependence have you needed to take prescribed medication to help you stop drinking 2) When did you last have a alcoholic drink, how many units 3) How often do you have a drink with alcohol in it 4) Within the last six years have you been dependent on or regularly misused alcohol 5) Within the last six years have you had an accident/injury or a road traffic accident as a result of your alcohol intake 6) Within the last six years have you had a problem with your home/family work as a result of your alcohol intake 7) Within the last six years have you been told you have liver damage 8) Within the last six years have you required treatment for a alcohol related illness 9) Have you had any fits blackouts seizures in the last five years 10) Within the last three years have you misused any drugs including prescribed over the counter medication or any other substance 11) Have you had any mental health problems in the last three years.All these questions are to tick a box and if you do to to give dates, you then sign a declaration and give your doctors name address etc, after that there is another medical questionnaire all about drinking with multiple choice i.e. How many drinks do you have in one day ,do you have a drink first thing in the morning, how often during the last year have you found you cannot stop drinking once started, hope this helps mate .....

Thanks, it was the second part that I was really interested in!

I didn’t appreciate that it was so scripted and not the doctor asking probing questions.

The doctor will ask you questions bit more interesting I think like any heart problems any serious mental issues any problems with your pancreas it not that bad actually just be honest no point in lying they will find out and this only delays your application, first time round I ticked no to everything soon found myself back there once the truth was found now my medical questionnaire looked a little bit different this time as I went on the information my own gp has ....

The doctor will ask you questions bit more interesting I think like any heart problems any serious mental issues any problems with your pancreas it not that bad actually just be honest no point in lying they will find out and this only delays your application, first time round I ticked no to everything soon found myself back there once the truth was found now my medical questionnaire looked a little bit different this time as I went on the information my own gp has ....

Cool, thanks for letting me know!

Hey there, the questionnaire at medical is basically the DR1 form again. See attached for latest verion.
Hope this helps ....

Attachments

• DR1 ONLINE MEDICAL QUESTIONNAIRE - dr1-online-confidential-medical-information.pdf
    926.5 KB · Views: 88
when the question says... have you ever had an accident because of drinking? I'm banned because I was in an accident, have I to state that?

If you answer honestly as mentioned above you will red flag DVLA to prompt investigations,however if it's not documented with your docs or anywhere else why give them the pleasure of punishing you more by delaying your application with investigations,,,,,,

If you answer honestly as mentioned above you will red flag DVLA to prompt investigations,however if it's not documented with your docs or anywhere else why give them the pleasure of punishing you more by delaying your application with investigations,,,,,,
Where would it be documented?, surely the dvla will be aware of the facts of my case?

The question on the medical form is number 5, im not sure not an expert on accidents but read a post a while ago where somebody said that accidents are not logged with the DVLA

I’m still stumped by two questions - the rest I will say NO for because it’s true.
- What does “for this condition” In part B mean.?What condition? I never went ever to my Drs for alcohol related problem. Just anxiety, where I did tell him I was drinking too much to cope about 3 years ago, but was never diagnosed or treated for misuse or dependence Of alcohol.
- Does going to the Dr 18 months ago to get a letter of support from him, with him giving me a few 2mg diazepam to keep me calm before court count as “mental health issues”
Its about 8 weeks until I get my 90 day letter to apply for license. I want to get the form right.
My medichecks shows me a 0.5 now, with at least 14 weeks before my test.
I got wierd answers to the same question a while back, but this is so close now. Christmas will be come and gone in no time, and I want to be prepared for (hopefully) the end of this.

Nothing to worry about really if there's nothing documented with your GP they got nothing to go on, just their way of patronising us, for example all medical questionarres start with "as a result of your alcohol dependance" just a load of poppy cock as we all know I bet half of that Swansea mob are smashed out of their tiny skulls at the weekend and of course it's not so much the drink nowadays it's the drugs, I bet they need a line or two just to be able to function after the weekend..".

... after that there is another medical questionnaire all about drinking with multiple choice i.e. How many drinks do you have in one day ,do you have a drink first thing in the morning, how often during the last year have you found you cannot stop drinking once started, hope this helps mate .....

I have a feeling that the questionnaire you mention above is the latest one that my GP has received.. If that's the case then I should be fine. Fingers crossed.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off