HRO licence application

Convicted Driver Insurance
It was always either Henry westons or Katie’s which are either 8% or 7% they are 500 ml. Bottles.
So about 1.5 litres a day to 2 litres a day
My ban expires on the 11th October and I applied for my licence on the 15th July. I to am HRO so I am awaiting details of a medical. I did manage to contact the DVLA (start calling at 8.00am and you will get through in about 15 minutes or so.)

They acknowledge that they have my application and it has been scanned onto the system. Other than that they could give me no additional info. If you only applied 4 weeks ago, then given the current circumstances with the DVLA, I wouldn't expect anything uintil about week 10.

However, I think that is the least of your issues. You are drinking way in excess of any recommended amount. If you do this every night and finish drinking at say 10.00pm then drive early the next morning you will be over the drink driving limit every day.

As grice96 explained, and as you would have been told at the awareness course, it takes an hour for a unit of alcohol to clear your system. In England the 'safe' limit is around 2 units but depends on many factors. This means that it will well into the afternoon before you are safe to drive. You will also definitely fail your CDT test unless you stay completely sober for at least 2 months, but the longer the better.

I have been sober for 2 years and my CDT level (private test.) was 0.20%. This ties in with what I said on the form that I don't drink anymore.

If you continue with this level of alcohol consumption you WILL lose your licence again at some time in the future, although like me you probably thought you were a brilliant driver even drunk.

This is probably not what you want to hear, but you need help with your alcohol consumption. You may not think you are an alcoholic but you are drinking alcoholically. Have you considered AA?

Right, next question. I got my letter through from the dvla telling me to expect another letter from the local doctor for a medical.
How long do I need to safely stop drinking for to pass this medical?
I am a daily drinker and can drink a fair bit from time to time, however mainly bottles of cider.
I have the odd day off here and there, and had a month off in June in preparation. However the lengthy delay with the dvla made me think what the hell and start again.
You say 'however bottles of cider' as if that makes a difference. Alcohol is alcohol regardless of how it is disguised.

You say 'however bottles of cider' as if that makes a difference. Alcohol is alcohol regardless of how it is disguised.
I said it in the respect of a bottle of whiskey a day. I understand this and realise that alcohol is regardless regardless of the cover.
I am well aware that this is a tremendous amount that has built up over a period of time, I do have time off drinking from time to time.
From a week to even a month. However due to the lack of licence last year and a family bereavement at Christmas it has gotten to this level.
I am excited to get my licence back and have most certainly learned my lesson. I am a keen motorcyclist and would never imagine riding my bike under the influence. Also never have! (I was caught in my car!)
I have been sober 5 days already and feel fine and don’t feel I have an alcohol problem. I have had no shakes no thoughts of going back to it at all. I am focused on this goal.

I said it in the respect of a bottle of whiskey a day. I understand this and realise that alcohol is regardless regardless of the cover.
I am well aware that this is a tremendous amount that has built up over a period of time, I do have time off drinking from time to time.
From a week to even a month. However due to the lack of licence last year and a family bereavement at Christmas it has gotten to this level.
I am excited to get my licence back and have most certainly learned my lesson. I am a keen motorcyclist and would never imagine riding my bike under the influence. Also never have! (I was caught in my car!)
I have been sober 5 days already and feel fine and don’t feel I have an alcohol problem. I have had no shakes no thoughts of going back to it at all. I am focused on this goal.
I lost my licence twice in as many years. First time was April 2017 when I blew 124 and was banned for 20 months. I didn't really stop drinking, but I managed to remain abstinent for around 6 months before my medical.

I got my licence back and started foolishly drinking again before being caught and loosing it in July 2019. 36 months reduced to 27 with the awareness course. I blew 96.

I am telling you this because of what I am about to say.

If you are drinking what you say you are (and people normally underestimate how much they drink,) you have ridden your motorbike whilst over the limit. It may not have felt like it, you may have felt in control compared to the condition you were in when you went to bed, but you would have been over the limit.

I am not castigating you. Everyone that goes to a party on a Friday or Saturday, has a good 'bevvy' and then jumps in the car the next morning to go for a paper and a bacon roll, is driving whilst legally drunk.

You say you attended the DDAC, so I am surprised that you don't realise just who long it takes to clear your system. Not only that, but you are killing your liver slowly but surely.

You didn't mention whisky that I could see, but regardless, a previous comment on the forum details the timescales.

I am glad you are focussed on your goal of getting your licence back, but so was I the first time and I relapsed and began drinking again within 2 months of having it returned because I didn't think I had a problem either.

I have been going to AA for 2 years and the organisation is not only for those who are alcoholic, but also for those who want to quit and stop drinking. Only you know which category you fall into.

Good luck.

I lost my licence twice in as many years. First time was April 2017 when I blew 124 and was banned for 20 months. I didn't really stop drinking, but I managed to remain abstinent for around 6 months before my medical.

I got my licence back and started foolishly drinking again before being caught and loosing it in July 2019. 36 months reduced to 27 with the awareness course. I blew 96.

I am telling you this because of what I am about to say.

If you are drinking what you say you are (and people normally underestimate how much they drink,) you have ridden your motorbike whilst over the limit. It may not have felt like it, you may have felt in control compared to the condition you were in when you went to bed, but you would have been over the limit.

I am not castigating you. Everyone that goes to a party on a Friday or Saturday, has a good 'bevvy' and then jumps in the car the next morning to go for a paper and a bacon roll, is driving whilst legally drunk.

You say you attended the DDAC, so I am surprised that you don't realise just who long it takes to clear your system. Not only that, but you are killing your liver slowly but surely.

You didn't mention whisky that I could see, but regardless, a previous comment on the forum details the timescales.

I am glad you are focussed on your goal of getting your licence back, but so was I the first time and I relapsed and began drinking again within 2 months of having it returned because I didn't think I had a problem either.

I have been going to AA for 2 years and the organisation is not only for those who are alcoholic, but also for those who want to quit and stop drinking. Only you know which category you fall into.

Good luck.
Ok fair advice, I will maybe give them a ring. See if they can offer some advice

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off