HRO Just got caught again

Convicted Driver Insurance

bigtoon

Went to shop and get reported for hitting a car a walking away. Cops turned up and arrested me and I blew 140. I’m I previous HRO from 2019. Will I get jail now ? HELP

You might get a suspended sentence but short of leaving someone with life-changing injuries or killing someone, you won't get sent to prison.

You might want to get help, though, and perhaps give up your licence for good. To blow 140 (I assume at the station?) is outrageous at the best of times, let alone after what must have been a large reading very recently.

Details of offence as provided by you:

• Specimen Type: breath
  • Alcohol Level: between 120 and 150+
  • One or more previous relevant convictions within the proceeding 10 years
  • You have been disqualified two or more times for 56 days or more within the proceeding 3 years
Based on the information you provided above, upon conviction of driving with excess alcohol, Magistrates' sentencing guidelines suggest:

• A driving disqualification of 36 - 60 months (if immediate custodial sentence imposed, disqualification will be extended); and
  • A High level community order or up to 26 weeks custody
Classed as High Risk Offender
Because the level of alcohol in your system exceeded 87.5 microgrammes per 100 millilitres of breath, or 200 milligrammes per 100 millilitres of blood, or 267.5 milligrammes per 100 millilitres of urine you will be classed as a high risk offender.

High risk offenders are required to take and pass a DVLA Medical before their driving licence will be returned to them upon expiration of their driving driving disqualification.

Drink Driving Rehabilitation Course
All courts usually offer first time offenders the opportunity to take the drink driving rehabilitation course. A court may allow an offender to take the course a second time where there is a good reason to do so. Offenders will not usually be offered a chance to take the course for a third time. Completing the course can reduce any disqualification period imposed by up to 25%.

Enter New Information

Went to shop and get reported for hitting a car a walking away. Cops turned up and arrested me and I blew 140. I’m I previous HRO from 2019. Will I get jail now ? HELP
I’m sorry but you knew you were drink driving at point. Accept the punishment and seek the help you need to control your alcohol intake. I wish you the best x

We’re you a HRO in 2019 because of reading / fail to provide / or because it was a second offence within 10 years ?

I wasn’t 140 when I was driving. I got home and drank a bottle of vodka before the cops turned up breathalysed me, just so we are clear. I was drinking the night before so I would have blew a low reading had I been caught in the car.

I was sober 3.5 years and for whatever reason I decided I wanted a drink. I’ve already surrendered my licence.

I wasn’t 140 when I was driving. I got home and drank a bottle of vodka before the cops turned up breathalysed me, just so we are clear. I was drinking the night before so I would have blew a low reading had I been caught in the car.
A bottle of vodka?? Well when they do the back calculations from the toxicologist the results will be clear and they will if you play the Hip Flask defence.
Don’t put yourself through it. It will only be worse and more expensive. Good luck

Sorry to read about this.

I reckon because of the high reading and this being a second offence, you will definitely get the maximum driving ban length of 5 years (60 months) and a alcohol rehabilitation order. Probation is a certainty I’m afraid, so at least prepare yourself for some community service or a night time curfew.

I cannot honestly answer the question about a custodial sentence - second time HRO offenders don’t necessarily get jail time - third time repeat offenders are much closer to prison, because it is clear other options have failed to deter them committing the offence again.

Have you looked at using a solicitor this time around?

CJ

Sorry to read about this.

I reckon because of the high reading and this being a second offence, you will definitely get the maximum driving ban length of 5 years (60 months) and a alcohol rehabilitation order. Probation is a certainty I’m afraid, so at least prepare yourself for some community service or a night time curfew.

I cannot honestly answer the question about a custodial sentence - second time HRO offenders don’t necessarily get jail time - third time repeat offenders are much closer to prison, because it is clear other options have failed to deter them committing the offence again.

Have you looked at using a solicitor this time around?

CJ
I agree that a solicitor would be a really good idea, and a lengthy ban seems to be on the cards . Also , prison only if unavoidable as indicated . As for the rest , I don’t think one can say . I’m also unclear as to why the OP is a HRO .

Is there a way you can prove any of this? This is really bad tbh. Imagine you’ll get a big ban and electronic tag or something.

How and when did you surrender your licence?

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off