HRO CDT Test - Private?

Convicted Driver Insurance

Evie

Hello :) Ive been lurking on these pages for quite a while and just wondered if anyone had an answer to a couple of questions.

Firstly, I was banned 18 months ago and its now up, as I'm classed as a High Risk Offender I have to got for the dreaded medical which I am so nervous about.

Having being very depressed I had used alcohol unwisely, ironically I wasn't a big drinker before my conviction!

I had no idea about CDT testing until I went on the Rehabilitation Course at the end of last year, I have a massive phobia of anything remotely Medical, ive not been to see a doctor since I was 15!

I know I have to go and get it done and have abstained from drinking since I found out, I have made steps to sort other issues that pushed me to self medicate and seem to be seeing some light at the end of the Tunnel but am Female and overweight and know this can also have a bearing on the baselines.

I do not want to fail the CDT test, now, I have read loads of threads and know its a bit hit and miss when it comes to its clearance times so was going to give it till the end of the Month to Reapply, but in the meanwhile I was looking to have a private one done.

As I do not want to visit a surgery, is there any on the market that can be done at home and sent off or are they all clinic based? I wondered if anyone knew?

Sorry for the long post and thanks for all the helpful advice.

With the power of the search engine on this website, I see that the Medichecks advert has been placed on your post. They do CDT tests by post where you prick your finger and sent the swab off to them in the post. The last time I looked it was £79,and you get the result in about a week. I cannot recollect anyone posting on here since CDT tests started to be used where a Medichecks result was shown to be wrong by the proper DVLA test (which is not a prick in the finger, it is a proper blood sample using a nee@@e.......
People often do not realise that they are a high risk offender and need a medical until they attend the Drink Drive Rehabilitation Course. Some think it is TTC that are insisting on it, but it isn’t! How was the course for you, apart from the news about the medical?

Last edited:
With the power of the search engine on this website, I see that the Medichecks advert has been placed on your post. They do CDT tests by post where you prick your finger and sent the swab off to them in the post. The last time I looked it was £79,and you get the result in about a week. I cannot recollect anyone posting on here since CDT tests started to be used where a Medichecks result was shown to be wrong by the proper DVLA test (which is not a prick in the finger, it is a proper blood sample using a nee@@e.......
People often do not realise that they are a high risk offender and need a medical until they attend the Drink Drive Rehabilitation Course. Some think it is TTC that are insisting on it, but it isn’t! How was the course for you, apart from the news about the medical?

Thanks for that, I had a look on there but it didn't seem to have an option to do it yourself, maybe I'm just not reading it right!

I booked and cancelled twice for Rehabilitaion as I did think it was just going to be another finger wagging exercise, but, the one I went to was fantastic. It was through drink drive north and they badgered me to get to the last available one before the time was up (for my own good :) ) Actually a lot of great people and a great motivational teacher - glad I went, and not just for the reduction, it was actually great! Not sure you're supposed to enjoy it but I did!

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off