How much has your insurance gone up?

Convicted Driver Insurance

Taffy

Hello! I little about me first. I was sent to prison at good ol’ hotel chex Knox (that’s HMP Cardiff to you)! For six weeks, in July 2016, a court fine of about £180 ish and banned for 2 1/2 years. I lost my job as a gardener, almost lost everything, including my family. And my confidence was at rock bottom. Didn’t go out at all afterwards, and my friends were a distant memory. And if the door rang I jumped out of my skin. But in general I never had any problems in clink apart from extreme boredom.

when I got out I was straight back into problem drinking, until I had just had enough, seeing that a little holiday didn’t really address my issue. I gave up completely which was monumentally hard. No shakes but massive headaches and vivid nightmares waking up 4 times a night drenched in sweat. Ide say I was getting through half to a full bottle of Russia’s finest tipple per day prior, and was beginning to have an impact on my life although I was highly functional.

well, just over a year later I’m feeling good about myself, but shy away from going down the pub with the lads.

so I would like to ask you guys what your insurance was prior and after your conviction? And what insurers would be a good bet.

Thanks for reading, R.

Hi I was just wondering what was the reasons as to why you went to prison please as I'm petrified this is going to happen to me

Hello! I little about me first. I was sent to prison at good ol’ hotel chex Knox (that’s HMP Cardiff to you)! For six weeks, in July 2016, a court fine of about £180 ish and banned for 2 1/2 years. I lost my job as a gardener, almost lost everything, including my family. And my confidence was at rock bottom. Didn’t go out at all afterwards, and my friends were a distant memory. And if the door rang I jumped out of my skin. But in general I never had any problems in clink apart from extreme boredom.

when I got out I was straight back into problem drinking, until I had just had enough, seeing that a little holiday didn’t really address my issue. I gave up completely which was monumentally hard. No shakes but massive headaches and vivid nightmares waking up 4 times a night drenched in sweat. Ide say I was getting through half to a full bottle of Russia’s finest tipple per day prior, and was beginning to have an impact on my life although I was highly functional.

well, just over a year later I’m feeling good about myself, but shy away from going down the pub with the lads.

so I would like to ask you guys what your insurance was prior and after your conviction? And what insurers would be a good bet.

Thanks for reading, R.

My car insurance after being convicted for drink driving only increased by the rate of inflation at the time.
Therefore no real increase due to the conviction.
However, I recently moved house from South West England to South Wales and my car insurance went up enormously
from £190 to £950 per year.
Seems that the insurance companies consider moving house a far more serious offence than failing a breath test.

Milton.

Hi I was just wondering what was the reasons as to why you went to prison please as I'm petrified this is going to happen to me

Hi Kaitlin, sorry about wait on reply. I blew 113 at the station, and I tapped someone with my car as they were driving off from the kerb. I offered him money, to which he replied “you’ve been drinking”! I jumped back into my car and did a runner! And just like on the American shows the police were waiting for me when I got home....Not clever at all! I also gave a no comment interview. Hope this answers your question

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off