how long will my ban be?

Convicted Driver Insurance

daniworzel

i got pulled over for drink driving at the roadside it was 69 per 100 but then at the stastion it dropped to 57 but the breatherlizer wasnt workin and they took a blood test about an hour after the 57 readin whats the minimum ban i will get and do i need a solicitor for court? thanks

i got pulled over for drink driving at the roadside it was 69 per 100 but then at the stastion it dropped to 57 but the breatherlizer wasnt workin and they took a blood test about an hour after the 57 readin whats the minimum ban i will get and do i need a solicitor for court? thanks

Based on a first drink driving conviction and a breath reading of 57, you are looking at a ban of between 12 to 16 months and a fine.

However, your prosecution will be based on the blood alcohol content of your blood sample, which, if the breath reading you gave is anything to go by, will fall into the lower scale also, meaning you will face the same penalties as outlined above.

If it is your first drink driving conviction, you have no previous criminal history, there are no aggravting factors surrounding your case and you intend to plead guilty then hiring a solicitor is not strictly necessary. However, under these circumstances and if your driving licence is extrememly important to you alongside receiving the shortest ban possible, hiring a solicitor is always a good idea.

Let us know how you get on.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off