How do I go about getting my license back?

Convicted Driver Insurance

C123

Hi I was done with drink driving and dangerous driving last year and my ban is up 90 days from now. I was told from my lawyer I will have to re sit my test and from reading on here I will have to undergo a medical. I applied for my provisional from the dvla today. Do I just wait to hear back from them and take it as normal or do I try and arrange a medical? (From Scotland btw) Any help would be appreciated.

For your circumstances, Scotland is the same as England. Nothing can be done until you hear from DVLA giving you the details of where to get in touch for a medical. On that letter is a 'M' reference number and you cannot book a medical until you have that reference.
Once thee medical is complete, and they have (possibly) contacted your GP and looked at the results, you will be issued your provisional licence.
Make sure that when you arrange your test that you specify that you need an 'extended test' because that is compulsory after a dangerous driving conviction.

For your circumstances, Scotland is the same as England. Nothing can be done until you hear from DVLA giving you the details of where to get in touch for a medical. On that letter is a 'M' reference number and you cannot book a medical until you have that reference.
Once thee medical is complete, and they have (possibly) contacted your GP and looked at the results, you will be issued your provisional licence.
Make sure that when you arrange your test that you specify that you need an 'extended test' because that is compulsory after a dangerous driving conviction.
Thanks for your reply, is there a timescale on this? Or is it just your luck on how quick they will send you the letter

Have a look around on the posts on here, perhaps type “medical timescales” or similar into the search box on the top right of the main page.
Broadly there may be 6-10 weeks before you even get the letter.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off