Hope for everyone

Convicted Driver Insurance

Rebeccal

This morning I checked the DVLA website to find out a have my full license back l! It's been 6 long years, overcoming alcohol problems and getting to a place where I feel confident nothing like this will happen again, possibly the best christmas gift ever!!
I'd just like to thank everyone for all your posts, they've kept me positive when things have been bad. If I've turned things around everyone can. Next stop, petrol station ?

Well done Rebeccal,
Yes its very possible for everyone once controlled drinking & especially understanding Alcohol units , I lost my HGV twice over 6 yrs!firstly with mild dependance(answered Q"s honestly* then a DUI 3yrs after, when I got the DUI never thought it was possible the DVLA would RE-issue me my HGV again!
But I quit Alcohol enough to show I was not dependant then after my ban the traffic commisioner contacted me & quick medical then JOY, to cap the impossible I got my old job back from my fantastic employers which considering the freight I carry had huge belief in me and what happened from the past would never in a million years happen again, went through 6 years of hell my wages halved lost my dignity /home/job/wife(atleast for 1year) why anyone would risk that over a drink I shrugs , but I was once that person whom took that stupid risk! I will take a drink sometimes and the last thing I would ever do is drive even if my arse was on fire and needed medical help, but well done and happy driving )

Good stories both, thank you. Lots of stories of people beating themselves up on here, but it's important to remember nothing lasts forever.

Except the stack of free Trivial Pursuit games at the DVLA.

Hi Rebecca,

Fantastic to hear that you've finally got your pink card back! It's such a good feeling when you finally open the envelope - I broke down in tears when I got mine so if you managed to keep calm and composed then you definitely one above me :D Definitely be careful now that it's silly season and police will be out in force.

Good luck to you on a clean and hassle free driving record in the future and hope to never see you here again! (as bad as that sounds)

MM

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off