Home insurance answered.

Convicted Driver Insurance

Idiot1

So when I was first caught drink-driving I was informed that my current home insurance policy would be cancelled this is because they classed it as a criminal offence. (Payment shield) however it would seem that from insurer to insurer they all have their different rules I’m currently with (Direct line) who state that drink-driving under their insurance is classed as a motoring offence and not a criminal offence.

We all know DD is a criminal offence as a standalone offence.

However not all insurance company’s need to take all information in to consideration, I guess your not gonna get pissed and wrap your house around a lamppost!

I know it’s not the best feeling explaining that you have a criminal conviction or drink drive conviction to personal on the phone so if you’re not comfortable doing it the best advice is sound is used the online chat to ask the question.

Also for anyone with a mortgage nine times out of 10 you have to have home building Insurance to make your mortgage valid.

I spent ages reading this online with no answers so when and done the research!

There are many sites / pages that won’t give you the facts as of they want to punish you even more for a mistake made. In my research this includes the likes of money supermarket, money expert and alike.

Hope this is helpful.

It’s also worth noting that there are a number of people that post on these forums with false information trying to scare monger, like we don’t regret our past as it is you need to be careful of these tactics!

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off