High Risk Offender Medical - CDT Test

Convicted Driver Insurance

flshfrnd

I have to attend an HRO Medical on 20 August.

I have been teetotal for over a year so I am not concerned about failing from alcohol misuse.

However I have read quite a lot about the CDT test and certain conditions that can cause 'false positives'. A lot of the medical literature suggests that CDT should be used in conjunction with another marker (like elevated GGT) to confirm alcohol misuse. My LFT's including GGT were last done in May and are fine.

However, the condition that concerns me is obesity, as I have had a medical condition called Polymyalgia rheumatica that causes body-wide pain, for the last year. It got to the point where I could hardly get out of bed, and I spoke to a Dr (hence the May blood test). I'm now on steroids and the condition is much improved but due to the inactivity of this (and lockdown) and the effects of steroids used to treat it, I have put on 4 stone and am now classified as 'obese' (just).

If you fail the blood test, is it possible to appeal? Do appeals ever succeed and have you come across anyone with a similar case to me before? What is involved in appealing, if it is possible?

Thank you.

Thank you for your reply. If I were to fail, and any appeal was unlikely to succeed or could be prohibitively costly, how long would I have to wait before applying again (which I presume would have to be a new application from scratch)?

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off