Help

Convicted Driver Insurance

Ash

I was caught on Thursday night my court date is in 10 days time if I was to apply for a job from now to then and the vetted me would it show up?

It depends what you mean by “vetted”. For example a DBS check takes time to organise so you would be offered a job, subject to this being done, and by the time records are being checked a conviction may well show up. Also a DBS check could show a pending prosecution.
If it is a simple “has this person got a criminal record” check for an ordinary job you might get that done before it gets entered on your record, but if you are asked that question after your court date, and you lie hoping it has not got on to your record then you might face dismissal for not revealing it.
Would your job involve driving? What about the risk of it being reported in the papers any your employer finding out that way?

It depends what you mean by “vetted”. For example a DBS check takes time to organise so you would be offered a job, subject to this being done, and by the time records are being checked a conviction may well show up. Also a DBS check could show a pending prosecution.
If it is a simple “has this person got a criminal record” check for an ordinary job you might get that done before it gets entered on your record, but if you are asked that question after your court date, and you lie hoping it has not got on to your record then you might face dismissal for not revealing it.
Would your job involve driving? What about the risk of it being reported in the papers any your employer finding out that way?
Why would it be in the papers I just got stopped getting out of my car going into my home

Why would it be in the papers I just got stopped getting out of my car going into my home

Drink driving court cases go into the local newspapers if it's a slow news day. My case was nothing extreme and I ended up in the courts section of 2 local papers.

Drink driving court cases go into the local newspapers if it's a slow news day. My case was nothing extreme and I ended up in the courts section of 2 local papers.
I'm so ****ing scared I don't want it in the paper, can they print your picture also ? Omg I would die i really would i dont think i could live with the shame

To put your picture in the paper, they would take it before you went into court and the press do not do this for everyone, just celebrities or someone in court for, say, a very serious accident or incident that had been in the paper when it happened and the court case was a follow up to that.they would not bother after court when the case reported to the magistrates was a simple drink driving.
Grice96 is right though, drink drivers cases do often appear in the local press, depending on how busy the news is that week.

I remember when subject of cases being in the newspapers came up on a drink Drive Rehabilitation Course I was running. One client - who it turned out was from a big city - said there was no chance that drink driving would be reported in the press. I asked the rest of the group - about 14 people - and half of them said their case had been reported. Some as a story in its own right, some as “in court this week was.....” with a list of cases with names, addresses, the offence involved and the punishment dished out. They were were from quieter places.

Ash, I see you have posted this on an old thread elsewhere on here:
“I'm getting really scared I don't want to be in the newspaper I'm so stressed I'm getting suicidal thoughts“

You need to come clean with your family and friends about your drink driving case. They may well be cross at first, but will quickly move towards giving you support. One of them will attend court with you for moral support. If you feel like that now, how will you cope with the worry about it being in the press over the next few weeks? your fear is based on people finding out and you can control that by telling your family, at least, about what has happened.
Your quote above is from a post in 2011so you are scouring this forum for items about publicity. Have a look for other threads that tell about support drink drivers have had from family. The shame you feel right now will fade in time, but you will prolong that without support from your family. You will have to lie to them for perhaps a year or even longer about why you are not driving so come clean with them and you will not have to lie for ages.
Imagine in 4 years time when a family member wants to put you on their insurance and you have to disclose your conviction then, or in 9 years time if you are caught again, family know about that one and then find out about this conviction because you get a minimum 3 year ban Because it is your second conviction in 10 years.
Please tell someone about your situation and get support.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off