Help Urgently Neded. Please

Convicted Driver Insurance

kinell90

a friend of mine has hit some on with a metal rod and it was recorded on cctv police said that he might get gbh but as there was no actual blood can you tell me what is likely to happen as they have him on cctv? and what the punishment will be?????????????/

Grievous Bodily Harm is a very serious offence, the most serious level of assault in English Law. The sentencing guidelines suggest that substantial prison sentences are often required, particularly when weapons have been used to inflict the injury. However, this will depend on the circumstances of the case.
He should not agree to be interviewed without a solicitor present. He will qualify for free legal representation at the police station irrespective of his means.
If he is charged he should instruct a solicitor to represent him as soon as possible. Legal aid may be available, subject to means. If he is charged with a Section 18 Wounding/GBH then the case will be sent to the Crown Court for trial.

Should he get a solicitor right away? will it be GBH or ABH because there was no blood only slight bruicing, can you tell me what his best option is at the moment?

The police will have to get expert medical evidence to corroborate the extent and seriousness of the victim's injury.
If it is only bruising then it sounds to me more like a section 47 ABH, rather than a GBH. Section 47 is significantly less serious (although still serious enough) than a GBH offence.
You can look at the CPS charging standards for different levels of assault on the CPS web site.
He should go to see a solicitor straight away. Which police station is dealing with the investigation and what area does your friend live in?
I may be able to recommend someone.

West london,
Southall

the police had taken pictures of the victim and only bruciing is visible no blood.my friend is still on bail at the moment and its coming to an end.
i appreciate for you helping me you really are helping alot. what is the punishment for ABH? the police also have the weapon which was used ?

the police station is Southall Police station , and the area is in post code area of UB1

The maximum sentence for section 47 ABH is 6 months imprisonment in the Magistrates court and 5 years imprisonment in the Crown Court. There are also a range of alternatives to prison that the court would consider.
It will depend on the particular circumstances of his case.
If you would like us to recommend a criminal solicitor in that area then please contact me direct. I cannot leave details on this public forum. Click the link below and send me a direct email that I will respond to.

It will depend on the particular circumstances of his case."

what do u mean by this, if the victim was to drop the charges or not appear at court will this affect anything?
what other ways are there for not going in to prison ?

It will depend on the particular circumstances of his case."

what do u mean by this, if the victim was to drop the charges or not appear at court will this affect anything?
what other ways are there for not going in to prison ?

This link may be of help. Sentencing will depend on the circumstances of his case ie aggravating and mitigating factors. Was it an unprovoked assault or excessive self defence? Does your friend have previous criminal convictions (especially for violence)? These and many more factors will be taken into account when sentencing someone for a violent offence.

Your duplicate post has been deleted as it is unnecessary and will not help in getting a reply any quicker. Like Sean states, if you would like a recomendation for a criminal solicitor in that area then please contact him directly here.

Last edited:
Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off